Need advice on RG 2570 project - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Need advice on RG 2570 project

I bought a beautiful custom painted RG 2570 body and need some advice. My plan is to buy another compatable guitar. Then strip all the parts off it except the body, the pups (I want to pick my own pups), and a few other things. Then sell the donor body to recoup some of my expenses.

I need to know which models of RG I should be looking for to get good compatable parts.

I've also read that the necks got thicker as the years went on. I'd prefer a thinner neck like the Original Wizard or the Super Wizard rather than the Prestige neck or the Wizard II. Am I correct in thinking that they will fit the 2570?

As for other parts like bridge, tuners, etc. are some years and models better than others? Is there anything I should stay away from?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 10:58 AM

Re: Need advice on RG 2570 project

Is she one of the earlier 2570's that came with the Edge pro???
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

I'm waiting on delivery now. Here's everything I know about it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140626679000...84.m1438.l2649

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 04:21 PM

That is sweet!!! Edge Pro on that originally and Super Wizard Prestige neck.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 04:49 PM

Reviews: 2

Beautiful....and Daemon is right on the money!!! You want an Edge-Pro and a '97-'04 Super Wizard neck.

The '03 & '04 necks (original to that body and were called the SW Prestige) are 1mm thinner @ the 12th fret, but any Super Wizard will work perfectly well. Just make sure whatever you buy has a 56mm heel.

Ryc
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I'm going to call her Vina.

and this is Orion (as in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9iHAJIbdj4)

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 05:14 PM

Reviews: 2

Great names!!

The only thing I want to call my customs.....is Done!!....LMAO!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 05:14 PM

Holy!!! Beam me up!!

Any other ideas on the project yet???
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
Holy!!! Beam me up!!

Any other ideas on the project yet???
I'm still trying to figure it out. I actually set out to buy a Saber. I like the neck so much better on my rebranded neck-thru (a 1989 HM Squier that was Fender's response to the Japanese guitars) that when I picked up my Strat the fat neck just didn't feel right anymore. I was going to buy an SSH Saber and try to get some Strat type tones from it. But when I saw Vina I had to have her. I might buy a Saber later.

I have figured out a few things. I know the backing plates of both guitars are going to be covered with pics of Vina and the Orion slave girls. I haven't decided on pups yet (most likely REAL Dimarzios of some kind) but I know how I want them wired. Orion has Seymours (Pearly Gates N, Hot Rails M, and Full Shred B) that have been wired for out of phase and coil tapping. Hence the 5 little switches.

I use the out of phase flavors often but I never use the coil splitting. And the switches can be a bit confusing. So I'll be doing something much simpler with Vina. I'm going to add a 3rd knob and assign each to a pup as volumes.

Then I'll hide the 5 way switch hole behind something like this:

So instead of a pickup selector I'll adjust the volume knobs like an eq dialing out what I don't want to hear. All the way down will be the off position of each pup. Two of the knobs will have a push/pull for out of phase. So I'll have 3 out of phase flavors (M oop / B oop / M&B oop). And all 3 pups can be blended together for the best tones. This will give me everything I like about Orion's wiring but be much simpler.

Tags
rg 2570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode