Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Need help identifying '89 USA Custom Graphic

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Triplelexx 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Came across this guitar awhile ago and decided to begin restoration on it today but I am having one problem... I don't really know what model it is! First thing that came to mind was a UCMD, but this finish does not show up under any catalog/website I have seen (it differs from Metal Leopard and Golden Feline finishes). Serial # is F925678 stamped on the back of the headstock with a blank neck plate. Neck pocket has stamps all over it, but what particularly stands out is the handwritten "677u" and sideways "A" - also the "J" on the neck heel. The rest reads "W A L R J - R T 24" which I have deciphered thanks to this post: http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/neck-marking-id-38565.html but the rest I am having trouble with everything else... any help is tremendously appreciated.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sorry, this is not a custom graphic like it says in the title! Still unidentified though...

See less See more
#5 ·
I think that image is a promo poster/flyer, not a catalog. Not completely sure of the date on it. The 1991 catalog broke the USAC's into the Graphic Design, Metaldesign, and Exotic Woods categories like that, but they had the gold headstock logos in that catalog. There's also stuff on there from the 1988 USAC poster (like "Get it Away"), so who knows. Maybe '89 or '90?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.