need help identifying an Ibanez git - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

need help identifying an Ibanez git

need help with info on what I have been told is an 80s RG double cut routed for 3 humbuckers with a pickguard but came with hsh config,5 position switch,4 bolt neck plate which says only Ibanez and made in Japan with no serial number.Im trying to get the serial number from the seller.It is somewhere on the neck or body where they attach.has Floyd type trem,volume and 2 tone controls.It did have the Ibanez logo on the headstock which has a locking nut.Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 09:11 PM

any pics available?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 03:33 AM

Sounds like a "Roadstar" type RG, but a pic would be best
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

unknown git

I will try to get pics asap.Thanks.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Serial number

Ok this is what i have so far.The seller took the neck off and there is a piece of paper with the number F724208 on the paper and the letter J and the number 440 stamped in red ink.By the way the piece of paper has made in Japan on it also.Thanks for all the help,MM
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 05:11 PM

Could be an RG440 maybe? Is the headstock the pointy notched Ibanez headstock that is in used today, or is it different? The RG440 had H-S-S pickups, but they may have been pretty liberal with the routing, enabling 3 humbuckers to be installed.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

pics

Thanks for all the help.I have a few pics that i will post as soon as i figure out how to.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

tried to insert pics did not work

I can forward the email of the pics for some good soul to insert them in a reply.i tried.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 01:48 PM

I have the pics but for some strange reason I can't access my home page. If someone else would like to try, PM me and I'll send em over.

The guitar has a (Ibanez style) pointed headstock on its neck but no apparent (on the pics) "brand" stamped on. It has 22 frets, appears to be rosewood fretboard with dots.

There is a F7XXXXX sticker.

Body is Roadstar like, rounded edges. Color is "teal" like.

It has a non-recessed Floyd-type trem that I cannot easily identify because of the picture angle.

It has a H-H pearloid pickguard that does not remind me of any catalogs but it could be from an earlier age than the 1988 of Rich's site. It could also be a post purchase add on.

Its a nice looking guitar, I must say
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 09:27 PM

Here are the pics:

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

pics

Thanks for posting the pics.Except for the neck and the body,which was repainted as well as the Ibanez logo sanded off,the guitar has new pups,pickguard,new lock nut,bridge and trem.Also has a pole tap for both pickups.It plays sweet and stays in tune nicely.The seller wants $600.00 which I think is a little much but the work done is quite nice.He even scalloped the last few frets so he says.Hard to tell what it is worth but overall it is a sweet guitar.Thanks for all your help.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

uknown now known

From all the info I have this is a 1987 Ibanez Rg440 with all new parts including a Dimarzio Pearly gates bridge pup,a Dimarzio distortion neck pup,new Floyd liscensed trem and locking nut,Gotoh tuners,3 position switch with push/pull tone to tap both pups to single.new frets with the last 5 or 6 scalloped by the wizard that built the guitar and repainted from a bright red.Its mine now and it is sweet.The pic with the serial number was on the back of the headstock previously and removed for the pic I guess.Thanks for all the help.The 440 guess was correct according to the info.You guys really know your stuff.Please lock this post and thanks again.MM

Tags
bridge pup , gotoh tuners , lock nut , locking nut , neck plate , neck pup , pearloid pickguard , pull tone , rosewood fretboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode