Need help identifying my Jackson - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Need help identifying my Jackson

Hopefully there's at least a few big Jackson nuts here, as I don't feel like making an account at the Jackson forum.

The thing I'm wondering about is the Pro series they had going in the 90's, and whether or not my guitar is one of those 'really good' ones, mainly out of curiosity.

A bit ago I bought a Jackson for a 80-90$ from a friend of a friend who didn't want it. It needs a good cleaning, setup, etc, but that's not the important part. On the headstock it has the 'professional' thing next to the logo. I decided to try to do some research, and apparently Japan made some USA quality guitars in the 90's, but I couldn't find that much information. All the MIJ Pro guitars I see are all fancy with inlays, body work, etc, but mines pretty plain, or 'not expensive looking'. Not cheap, but you hopefully get the picture.

The specs on my guitar:
22 frets, normal dot inlays, rosewood fretboard
Jackson tuners
Liscensed FR
Sort of a 'shiny' black, superstrat shape
HSH, 5 way switch and 1 volume control
That's about all I can think of. Can't get pictures, too much work.
(Edit: It also has jumbo frets and a thin neck, as well as a blank truss rod cover)

The bottom of the volume control (on the underside of the guitar) it says 'made in Japan' but I couldn't find any other indication anywhere else on the guitar.
And the serial number 924811 if that helps at all.

So does anyone know more about this than me? Is it one of these fabled ultra high quality guitars? Is it a steal at 90$ (Most guitars are, I guess)?
Thanks.

Last edited by Magical Muffin; 11-04-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 02:43 AM

Re: Need help identifying my Jackson

http://jacksonguitarpalace.com/forum...05eb39a3e917c0

Jackson import serial numbers are kinda dodge-y.... Try hopping on the forum above, they're gonna ask for pictures. Same with JCF. You can generally get a pretty good idea by the trem cavity and electronics route. also most Japanese had offset dot inlays. if they're centered it could be an indication that it's probably Korean... The Japanese ones are pretty rad, I have japanese ps-4 that rocks my socks. It also could be a fusion, or a mutt with a pro neck. It's hard to say without pictures.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 03:51 PM

Sounds like a '92 Standard Pro something, likely a Dinky if its 25 1/2 scale or a Fusion if its 24 2/4 scale. The Soloists were all 24 fret neck-throughs, so I'm guessing not a Soloist. I'm guessing its a bolt on because its 22 frets also. Standards had the rosewood/dots.
A 92 should be a really nice guitar, yeah The top shelf 90-91's are the best of that lot, but they stayed really nice through 94 from what I've heard. The 90's Soloist Pros I've had I really, REALLY regret parting with.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2

Yeah, it's most likely the standard pro. It is a bolt on and 25 1/2 scale.

But I'd find it pretty wierd if it was made in Korea, because the electronics said 'made in Japan' on them. I dunno : \

Tags
jackson , mij

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode