Need Help By MONSTER Tunings!!!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 22
Need Help By MONSTER Tunings!!!!

Hello guys! I need Your help for a Monster Tuning.
I'll soon buy my First Seven String Ibanez RG 7321 !

http://cgi.****.de/IBANEZ-RG-7321-7-...QQcmdZViewItem


I think it has a 25.5 inch scale!! And I wanna put a monster tuning on it
From low to high
F#-B-F#-B-E-g#-c#
And i Want to know wich gauge of string is the best for the Low F# string
And fits perfect for that scale!
Can i use a normal Dean Markley Bass Guitar string? .70 between .80??

Please help me out!
Memq is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 10:11 AM
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Milton Keynes,UK
Posts: 2,355
Re: Need Help By MONSTER Tunings!!!!

i'd personally go with a 10 set with a 60 bottom, You Might find tho on a fixed bridge you'll be able to get away with 11's without too much hassle. I had 11's on my old UV when it was tuned to C with a .60 and sounded fine, would have liked a touch more tension, but i'd have had to have invested in a 27 XL 7

hth, and for what it's worth, thats just my own opinion, what i KNOW works for ME, many others will be able to share thier views as well, And good luck bro, Am sure you'll love it

Rob
Jem7RB MK is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 22
Re: Need Help By MONSTER Tunings!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem7RB MK
i'd personally go with a 10 set with a 60 bottom, You Might find tho on a fixed bridge you'll be able to get away with 11's without too much hassle. I had 11's on my old UV when it was tuned to C with a .60 and sounded fine, would have liked a touch more tension, but i'd have had to have invested in a 27 XL 7

hth, and for what it's worth, thats just my own opinion, what i KNOW works for ME, many others will be able to share thier views as well, And good luck bro, Am sure you'll love it

Rob
U mean .60 for a Heavy F#???
Memq is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 10:55 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 139
Re: Need Help By MONSTER Tunings!!!!

u can put some bass strings on it
Munky7 is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 11:17 AM
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Milton Keynes,UK
Posts: 2,355
Re: Need Help By MONSTER Tunings!!!!

Yeah Bro .60 for the low F# Bear in mind, anything much larger and it wont fit in the trem, But your stoptail should accept a larger diameter, so can go upto .75 or so i would have thought

Rob
Jem7RB MK is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 11:33 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Odense S, Denmark
Posts: 9,952
Re: Need Help By MONSTER Tunings!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memq
Hello guys! I need Your help for a Monster Tuning.
I'll soon buy my First Seven String Ibanez RG 7321 !

http://cgi.****.de/IBANEZ-RG-7321-7-...QQcmdZViewItem


I think it has a 25.5 inch scale!! And I wanna put a monster tuning on it
From low to high
F#-B-F#-B-E-g#-c#
And i Want to know wich gauge of string is the best for the Low F# string
And fits perfect for that scale!
Can i use a normal Dean Markley Bass Guitar string? .70 between .80??

Please help me out!
Don't the GHS Boomers come with a .70 string?

Regards

André



fettouhi is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 01:26 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 300
Re: Need Help By MONSTER Tunings!!!!

get this... my other guitarist in my band put an .80 as the 7th low on his 1527.. i use a .62 on my 7620's (one of which is tuned F#) and I'm having no problems, even with a trem. so since ur getting a fixed bridge Ibanez, a .62 would work, u could even pull of a .70! with all of our advise, u could just buy the heavy gauges seperately and try them out and use which ever feels best. good luck!
ibanezrocker61 is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 22
Re: Need Help By MONSTER Tunings!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezrocker61
get this... my other guitarist in my band put an .80 as the 7th low on his 1527.. i use a .62 on my 7620's (one of which is tuned F#) and I'm having no problems, even with a trem. so since ur getting a fixed bridge Ibanez, a .62 would work, u could even pull of a .70! with all of our advise, u could just buy the heavy gauges seperately and try them out and use which ever feels best. good luck!
Thanx dude ill try the .70 s! But i can ONLY put a bass string in it! Becouse the stores right here in my city dont have .70 or even .60 strings for Guitar!!!
So, would a .70 bass string fit in a fixed Bridge??? becouse the bigger ballend??
Memq is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 05:49 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 300
Re: Need Help By MONSTER Tunings!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memq
Thanx dude ill try the .70 s! But i can ONLY put a bass string in it! Becouse the stores right here in my city dont have .70 or even .60 strings for Guitar!!!
So, would a .70 bass string fit in a fixed Bridge??? becouse the bigger ballend??
I think it would, like I said my friend used an .80 but it was a bass .80 and it worked so I think a bass .70 would work.. let us know here how it works!
ibanezrocker61 is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 22
Re: Need Help By MONSTER Tunings!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezrocker61
I think it would, like I said my friend used an .80 but it was a bass .80 and it worked so I think a bass .70 would work.. let us know here how it works!
Thanx dude! I will post back again! Im really excited!!
Memq is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 07:59 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 688
Re: Need Help By MONSTER Tunings!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memq
Thanx dude ill try the .70 s! But i can ONLY put a bass string in it! Becouse the stores right here in my city dont have .70 or even .60 strings for Guitar!!!
So, would a .70 bass string fit in a fixed Bridge??? becouse the bigger ballend??
I use a .068 for my 7th, tuned down to F. Works fine.

A .070 also works really well. You can go to justrings.com and order GUITAR .070 strings, instead of using a bass string.
The Dark Wolf is offline  
Reply

Tags
dean markley , fixed bridge , fixed bridge ibanez

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about low tunings devind9 Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 1 05-06-2013 04:58 PM
Why do you use a trem (for alt tunings, etc)? jay ratkowski Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic 25 12-01-2004 09:34 PM
7 string tunings phlame Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 4 05-19-2004 10:41 AM
Ibanez RG for low tunings blaspher All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 6 11-25-2002 03:08 AM
7 string tunings - Anyone have any good ideas for tunings? guitargodjds01 All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 8 04-12-2002 08:18 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome