Need HELP from someone in the Phoenix AZ area - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Need HELP from someone in the Phoenix AZ area

Anyone here live in the Phoenix Az area? I purchased (US POSTAL M.O.) an older '88 RG550 from the phoenix craigslist back on the 8th of Oct, (nobody here has actually purchased this guitar locally have they) I need someone to help me find out if the guy even has it or why he is not sending it out.... I keep e-mailing and he always says I am sending it out on this date, or this came up, or it will be sent on this date, now its been over a week and he has not replied back, I don't know if he sold it and just took my money and is giving me a run around or what. He keeps re-assuring me its safe, he has it, blah blah blah, he had to purchase a used case in order to mail it, blah blah blah. What type of action and how can I take action if I do not receive it soon or not even hear back from him. This is my first time anything like this has happened to me. I live in Florida so I know I should of not even attempted it, but I wanted it for the good price it was offered at $300, it was gonna be my JEM project guitar

Thanks

P.M me if you can help, or if you actually purchased it from the Phoenix craigslist in Oct
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: Need HELP from someone in the Phoenix AZ area

I think one thread concerning this is enough...

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 11:15 AM

I consider Craiglist a local pickup deal. Not sure exactly if you have any avenues to take on this legally. You understand there's probably only an infinitesimal chance that someone on Jemsite that lives in Phoenix and bought this guitar or even saw it on CL. You can probably kiss your $300 away but take heart that it's a lot less than most people have lost on the internets. Sorry to be harsh and it's always a sucky lesson to learn but that's the way things go sometimes.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 11:38 AM

I'd suggest going here and following the Lost or Stolen link - I think this is considered to be "stolen". Many years ago I had a similar incident with Harmony Central, and I managed to get my money back. It took awhile, but I got it.

http://www.usps.com/money/sendingmon...rs/welcome.htm
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Banned

Go read the post I put in your original thread, about mail fraud, the PO, and police...

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Vendor

There are no police.

Mariposa County Sheriffs Office has jurisdiction. You have to call them and convince them this is not a civil matter for the courts and that you would appreciate if they would have an officer stop by their house for a little reminder that law enforcement still has teeth in long distance fraud.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

sorry about the thread in 2 places, but I was unsure about where actually to place it at, alot of times people only frequent certain threads so I wanted to get a wide response in case it was not seen, but anyways, I will keep waiting until he just does not answer in another week that will be a month, then I guess I will have to do something then

Thanks
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 11:19 AM

Craigslist tells you up front NEVER to agree to have anything shipped. It is only good for F2F transactions. What method did you pay him with? That may be your only saving grace.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by musikron View Post
Craigslist tells you up front NEVER to agree to have anything shipped. It is only good for F2F transactions. What method did you pay him with? That may be your only saving grace.
US Postal Money Order, as stated in the original post...

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

I know craigslist tells you that, but it was the only black one with rosewood fretboard I could find, like i wanted, but still that does not make it right for him to STEAL from me...
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Well i must suck it up and now fully realize I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED OUT OF MY $350, since it sbeen since Oct and after 2 months and I finally sent a few e-mails that really told the guy what a scumbag he was for continually promising me that no matter what I would get my cash back or my guitar with no worries , he kept saying, so finally i cussed him x amount of times after 2 months and he quit repying and not answering my phone calls. Out of all my 15+ years of Ebay I only got scammed out of $30 when i first started but all else has been good, but this one bites it big (I did do the IC3 internet scam report but expect nothing from that ever, but oh well I filed the report anyways) if anyone lives in phoenix an wants to go KICK this guys A$$ for me I will glady give you his address. I was really saving up a while with the wife's health problems and finances not too good already, to get my RG550 into a JEM project guitar with rosewood fretboard. AlaskaBat if I ever get enough again, and you still have it, your 570-PN look interesting you have for sale (as i can see in you other guitar pics you really like purple guitars). but for now I will be on hold since cash is long gone and christmas for my kids means more than my whinning for another 550/570 I can use as a project from now on craigslist locally only for me.............
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 09:21 PM

Damn, that blows. I'd love to kick this guy's ass for ya if lived near by. What a piece of ****...
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRX2099 View Post
Well i must suck it up and now fully realize I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED OUT OF MY $350, since it sbeen since Oct and after 2 months and I finally sent a few e-mails that really told the guy what a scumbag he was for continually promising me that no matter what I would get my cash back or my guitar with no worries , he kept saying, so finally i cussed him x amount of times after 2 months and he quit repying and not answering my phone calls. Out of all my 15+ years of Ebay I only got scammed out of $30 when i first started but all else has been good, but this one bites it big (I did do the IC3 internet scam report but expect nothing from that ever, but oh well I filed the report anyways) if anyone lives in phoenix an wants to go KICK this guys A$$ for me I will glady give you his address. I was really saving up a while with the wife's health problems and finances not too good already, to get my RG550 into a JEM project guitar with rosewood fretboard. AlaskaBat if I ever get enough again, and you still have it, your 570-PN look interesting you have for sale (as i can see in you other guitar pics you really like purple guitars). but for now I will be on hold since cash is long gone and christmas for my kids means more than my whinning for another 550/570 I can use as a project from now on craigslist locally only for me.............
I tried to help out with that "info" you gave me, but I've not received a reply or anyone pick up the phone--sorry, forgot to get back with you. I just had that disc replacement surgery, and everything's been a little off for me. Yeah--if I still have it when you're ready, let me know.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 12:44 AM

Reviews: 1

why would you ever have something shipped off of Craigslist?!

your only course of action would be if done through paypal, you could file a claim.

otherwise, consider it a life tax

Tags
rg550 phoenix az

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode