Need info on a Ibanez 540r - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Need info on a Ibanez 540r

Ok, so I was taking a look at the equivalent of e-b-a-y here in Brazil, and I saw an Ibanez 540r for sale. The specs that I know for it are the following:

Ibanez Radius 540r
Serial: F91XXXX
Pickups: H-H configuration / Ibanez USA
Color: Seems to be a sort of greenish blue.
Bridge: Edge Lo-Pro

From this I gather that it is japanese made. The dude is asking for about 650 Dollars on it. Now from the general info I have, the H-H radius is a bit more difficult to find, but I'm not sure the price is really good considering the pics:

So what you guys think? Worth the price? Pass over? I'm trying to talk the price down anyway, but you never know...maybe it is actually worth what he is asking for here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 12:16 AM

Re: Need info on a Ibanez 540r

The hardware looks to be in poor shape. The finish on this doesn't look factory. That's besides the fact that it looks like crap. The pickup selector switch looks like it is in the wrong place on the body, at least compared to the ones on the Ibanez Register. http://www.ibanezregister.com/Galler...gal-540rhh.htm

I'd offer $300 max for this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Fair points on hardware, finish and crap looking. The selector switch is on correct place though, as per the catalog shot: http://www.ibanezregister.com/images...0r-hh-1991.jpg

Yeah, I'm not so sure about this anymore now that I looked more into it...the finish is indeed weird. The colors for the 91' model were Black, White, Roadflare Red and Jewel Blue. This is not any of them. I'll ask him about it, but I think I'm gonna pass. Shame, cause radius is a difficult guitar to come by here in Brazil.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 04:09 AM

For the money he's looking for it I'd be avoiding that. It's not in the best of nick, has had a pretty poor custom paint job applied. The one close up shot shows it to be covered in scratches and dings. Might be okay as a fixer upper but at at a 1/2 or even a 1/3 of the price he's looking for it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 08:30 AM

I agree with Viper. I paid ~$330 (that includes shipping) for a similar H-S-H a year or so ago on evilbay. The hardware on mine was in better shape. I may have gone a little high, but at the time I didn't see many Radius style bodies on there.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Well, the dude is adamant that this is a Custom Made guitar, and won't settle for less than $600. I sent him on his way and wished good luck
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Well, I think I dodged a bullet on this one...after I mentioned that the finish was not original and that the model was a standard one instead of custom, he deleted my message instead of replying. Dude is obviously trying to sell the guitar for more than what it is worth.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 01:10 PM

Jemsite wins again!

Tags
ibanez 540r

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode