Need Info on an old RG 570! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Cal

Need Info on an old RG 570!

Hello,

There is an second hand RG 570 for sale and I was wonderin if some1 could give me some info on it.

Here are the specs
Transparent blue with some sort of flame/quilt
Lo pro edge
Gold hardware
v8+s1+v7 pickups (i think)

Is this a rare model? It is priced at $660 (aussie dollars) if you wanna know the price in U.S dollars just half the amount. I need a second guitar as a backup cause my 520qs is gettin thrashed ( the cosmo black has already worn off the trem). Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Hey Cal,

From my catalogues, this could be either an RG570CTTB from the 95 catalogue, or... and RG570GFSVS from 93 but more likely the former.

The CT is believed to be a misprint and should have been GT standing for Gravure Top (basically a photograph of flame maple) These guitars have the AANJ so if the one you're looking at has an AANJ as opposed to an old fender style neck plate, it's more than likely one of these. These guitars also featured a Pau Ferro fingerboard and an Alder body. These guitars had direct mounted pickups with no pickup rings.

The TB stands for Transparent Blue.

The older GF (Gravure Flame) was a more purpley blue and the SVS stands for See through Violet Sunburst. it had a darker bursted edge to the finish and the humbuckers were mounted in rings. The fingerboard was a often a darker rosewood and the headstock did NOT come with the modern tell tale RG series logo under the "swoosh". These guitars had the old bulky neck plate joint at the neck.

I can't but a value on either guitar really as they often are region specific, but I will say that there's a very good condition RG570CTTB for sale near me at £599. However I'm not buying it at that price

Hope that helps somewhat. Oh and I seem to remember our VIP member Kirk had an RG570CT for a while so if he sees this thread he may be able to offer more advice
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 06:58 PM

if 660 australian is 330 US i would say it's a good price. (given it's a CT). for that price, add a couple Dimarzios's and it's still good.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Cal

It is a 570CT because I remeber seeing the direct mounted p/ups.

Thanks for ya help. What kinda sound does an alder body put out? I have a 520qs at the moment..will sound differ much from that?

thanks
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 11:54 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
the 1992 catalog shows three RG570s. These would have the old heel-joint (not AANJ)

RG570FM (basswood & flame maple top)
RG570 (basswood)
RG570L (lefty)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 02:04 PM

alder bodies are usually trebley and bright, yet every one ive ever played tended to get a wee bit thick with extreme output pickups, which is an awesome combination with the right pickups
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 10:58 PM

What kind of frets do these guitars come with, jumbo's or 6105's or something else?

{sorry about that other thread }

Tags
alder bodies , alder body , direct mounted pickups , flame maple , mounted pickups , neck plate , output pickup , pickup ring , pickup rings , pro edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

dragonforce info for sydney show

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode