need to know how to contact ibanez..... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

need to know how to contact ibanez.....

my RGT42 which i bought in january was doing great.... until.... i go to change the strings... i notice that i've only owned the guitar for 8 months and it looks like i've owned it 8 years, the frets are already wearing down, it looks like my 1990 RG570FM... they look terrible... and then i was locking down the strings after i got it all tuned up... and what happens? one of the allen screws strip(yeah i understand, too much torque and all) but then what happens ont he next one i tighten? the whole head breaks off... a clean snap... i have one screw left and i'm not gonna tighten it down... so yeah, i wanna call ibanez... plus the finish is nowhere near perfect, there are spots where they totally missed with the paint, another gripe i got.... this guitar has been great up till tonight... now its worthless to me... something is up....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 03:31 AM

Well, if you go to www.Ibanez.com then select your country it should tell you the contact info for Ibanez in your country....

//Me
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 03:34 AM Thread Starter

no can do... i already checked that... first place i checked... unless i'm totally blind...
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 04:13 AM

sorry for my ignorance but what doesw WA stand for?

//Me
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 08:44 AM

"WA" is the state abbreviation for Washington
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 09:02 AM

Wow they really dont have any contact information on the U.S.A site.

Hmm... http://www.ibanez.com/dealerlist/ibz...r.asp?state=wa

Here the list of dealers in the state of WA(hehe).

http://www.ibanez.com/dealerlist/ (heres all the dealers in the states in case i messed up the state )

If thats any help at all.

//Me
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 10:18 AM
Vendor

Is it the screw that stripped or the nut base? This is a warranty issue, contact your dealer for repair or they will have you ship it to the distributor.

The paint job must not be that bad, you bought it, you kept it, it is certainly not an issue 8 months later. Fretwear is not a covered issue.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

it was the screw that stripped... and i bought this thing in texas, it was out a whole 2 months before it was supposed to be... and fret wear after only 8 months, imo thats a big issue... i'm gonna need to refret it by like next year or something, which is bs... also i found that for them to uphold the warrantee u need the receipt... i am just hoping my mom kept that, cause i don't got it...
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 12:50 PM
Vendor

Screws are $2 each, why bother with the hassle then.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

yeah i'm bout to head up to home depot... but its still absurd... i've put so much more torque on the screws in my RG570's and they haven't broken or stripped, this one, i only put enough torque to lock down the strings, and one strips and the head breaks off another... utter bs...
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 12:57 PM
Vendor

Ultimately there are many reasons 42's are cheap, if you'd bought a T3120 you wouldn't have these issues
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

i want to but i can't afford such a beautiful guitar:P i guess the RGT42 will have to do me till i can!:P
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 01:01 PM
Vendor

This goes right to the heart of the argument of Japanese vs. Korean manufature. Every part is of lower quality than it's Japanese counterpart, and why people that know all this will stand behind the "stay away from Korean guitars" theory. Bottom line is "you get what you pay for".
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

i got a Jap RG570FM sitting in the corner that needs a new neck... i already took the edge tremelo out of it and put it on the RGT, i'm thinking of taking the rest of the hardware too... i don't need the fancy colored stuff, and it has Gotoh tuners
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 01:06 PM
Vendor

In our Politically Correct community that would be a Jp. 570

Tags
beautiful guitar , edge trem , gotoh tuners , korean guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode