Need quick Help! : Is my ibanez defective? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Need quick Help! : Is my ibanez defective?

Hey guys i just received my new rg1570 this morning and there seems to be a defect/issue with it

I did not do anything to the guitar this is in the exact way I received it.

the high E side of the Edge pro tremolo is too low and the low E side high the normal height I guess.but the problem is the tremolo looks like it is BENT from the middle.

please.. I need help.take a look at the photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Egde pro problem.jpg (13.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg edge pro.jpg (11.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by deathmetallist3; 05-07-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: Need quick Help! : Is my ibanez defective?

Wow--it does have a nice curve to it! Did the previous owner let his pet elephant step on it? It shouldn't be curved at all. You might need to take the whole trem apart and see if you can bend the plate back to level.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Wow--it does have a nice curve to it! Did the previous owner let his pet elephant step on it? It shouldn't be curved at all. You might need to take the whole trem apart and see if you can bend the plate back to level.
man it is brand new!
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

better image @

http://i39.tinypic.com/2z7395s.jpg
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 01:56 PM

is it bent? or is the right hand side post set lower than the left one (as you look at the picture? It's hard to tell from the pictures -c an you take a few more, from side angles etc? You may just need to raise the right side of the trem up to level it out....
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcs View Post
is it bent? or is the right hand side post set lower than the left one (as you look at the picture? It's hard to tell from the pictures -c an you take a few more, from side angles etc? You may just need to raise the right side of the trem up to level it out....
yes I also noticed that that the right hand side post is lower but the back of the right hand side is so far as it looks bent
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmetallist3 View Post
yes I also noticed that that the right hand side post is lower but the back of the right hand side is so far as it looks bent
I think you may want to consider removing your trem and posting some pictures of it with a straight rule as a guide. It actually looks to me from the pictures like it's just tilted to one side rather than bent - but if you pop it off and let us all have a look, we can probably advise better. If you've never done that before, then probably best to leave it to a professional, so you might want to take it back to the shop you got it from.

If you can get the trem off - post some pictures - back, and both sides and also with teh fine tuning screws all set to the same level - probably all the way down is best. That ought to give people a clearer picture - someone else might have a better idea though.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 10:20 PM

Reviews: 39

Need a better pic of the tremolo more out of the cavity. Just take the bar and do a dive bomb and take a picture to show if the actual tremolo is defective or maybe there is some sort of other problem to be sorted out.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 10:05 AM

It appears to me that the treble side is just set lower than the bass side, a simple stud adjustment should fix it.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 11:18 AM

Doesn't that back piece where the fine tuners are have a natural curve to enable easier fine tuner access? My Universe is like this so I don't think there is anything wrong with your bar.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Banned

just looks to me like the treble end ie (e b g) has been set wwwwwwway to low,if so no worries east fixed.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 05:23 AM

It does look like the casting is deformed, despite the treble E end being set low. I'd send that back.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 05:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris101 View Post
It does look like the casting is deformed, despite the treble E end being set low. I'd send that back.
I contacted sam..ash and said them the problem..they claimed it is a setup issue and told give the guitar to nearest dealer and get it setup properly..having exams these days so I have to wait till next week...it doesnt at all seem like a setup issue to me
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Vendor

It's supposed to be curved.....
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 05:49 PM

That's what I was going to say, Rich.
=]

Tags
edge pro , ibanez , prestige , rg1570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode