Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Need some advice on J Custom

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  IbanezDaemon 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy a J Custom guitar but I'm having trouble pulling the trigger for a few reasons, maybe you guys will have some words of wisdom and advice for me :)

First I have no doubt that I want a J Custom thats not the issue. The problem is that at the moment I play mostly rock and blues, and use a significant amount of clean tone in my playing. I currently have a Jem 7VWH and I LOVE the tone when the middle pickup and neck pickup are shared. The J Custom for 2012 that is currently pretty easy to find only has a two pickup configuration instead of 3 and I'm not convinced I'll be able to get that clean tone sound I really like. I see that J Customs in the past have had the 3 pickup configuration and there are a couple on ebay. However I'm very scared to buy from there, it seems that Ibanez guitars are notorious for having fakes copies everywhere and its hard for me to trust the sellers on ebay. I noticed right away the back of the headstock on one had no stamp whatsoever, and no visible serial number. That doesnt seem right to me... Anyway have any of you played the 2012 J Custom and can tell me how it performs with clean tone? OR even better does anyone know where to get one of the 3 pickup J Customs from a source I can trust? Thanks for your help guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.