Need some help guys, New guitar, well kinda - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Need some help guys, New guitar, well kinda

Hey all, just got a guitar from my dads friend he works with, i know after researching last night its a RG760 Old style neck joint, was hoping someone could give me a year for it, theres no serials on it, the neck pocket on neck was stamped FWALRJT24 ON the neck plate and the back of the headstock up top there is a capital S stamped into them. any help would be great, thanks guys (its cherry red with grey pick ups, two C2's and a F2 origenal edge)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 02:43 PM

Reviews: 4
Re: Need some help guys, New guitar, well kinda

Sounds like an 89' to me, after that Ibanez did not manufacture stock grey pickups. I hope I helped narrow it down some but without a serial number and no pics it's hard to determine...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 03:21 PM

Reviews: 1

The capital "S" stamps means it's a factory second.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

ill post pictures in a little bit. Whats the factory second mean, It was faulty etc. and was fixed? I know it has a wizard neck which feel great, just like my s540BM
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 05:51 PM

Factory second usually means there's some fault with it, be it a minor ding or crack that was patched up. I've got a factory second neck on one of mine and it's great.

BTW, we want PICS!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 07:30 PM

Reviews: 7

Yeah, pics please
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Working on pictures now guys, House was broken into and they grabbed the digital camera a guitar and a few other things. Gotta get a new camera.

If anyone sees a Deep Red Pearl Dean Eighty-Eight let me know =\ Like a superstrat but not as pointy as the RG.

Anywho Working on pics now, and i need a little allen wrench for the locking studs the action makes your fingers want to bleed >.<
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 01:23 PM

Wow, that sucks! Hope everything works out all right.

Tags
allen wrench , locking stud

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode