Need some help - question about RG1527 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 13
Need some help - question about RG1527

Hello all,

I consider myself quite the gear-hound but I don't know that much about the Ibanez 7-string line other than the Universe and I need some help on an RG1527. I have a Suhr Modern 7 on order as well as a custom Conklin 7-string. However, I have some recording deadlines coming up as well as a few shows where I need a 7-string. So is the RG1527 - the "good one"?

I am not trying to demean any other 7-string but I know that it's a Prestige model and I would gather that it's a better guitar. I have played several Ibanez 7s and I have found many of them to be very nice guitars. I just want to get a quality 7 for the time being. Also, does anyone here have one for sale?

Thanks,

Xander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 02:11 PM

Re: Need some help - question about RG1527

they are very nice. I like the Universes better but they 1527 is a quality instrument. Rich may have one of the maple boarded ones lying around as well if you want maple.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
they are very nice. I like the Universes better but they 1527 is a quality instrument. Rich may have one of the maple boarded ones lying around as well if you want maple.
Thanks for the reply - Both of the 7s I have on order are going to have maple fingerboards so I wouldn't mind a Rosewood or Ebony fretboard. I would actually hold on to this for a while but I know that it's a production guitar and it would essentially be quicker to get. I guess maple wouldn't be bad - I'll check Rich's site to see if he has any.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 05:58 PM

I got one of these... and then another (both are EdgePro7 equipped models).
=]

They're really QUITE good... and I have two Universe models to hold them up against.
They are solid and well crafted.

Pickups are probably the weakest link on these.
The conversion to put locking studs in there is also a very good and recommended upgrade.

Cheers.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 06:25 PM

As pretty much everybody has said the 1527 is a solid guitar. The only thing I would recommend is a pickup swap.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Thank you guys - this helps. I'm going to seek one out. I did hear back from Rich about new ones that he has incoming. The only reservation that I have is that they have the ZR bridge and I would prefer the Lo-Pro 7 or the "main" tremolo. Anybody have opinions on that ZR 7 string bridge?

Also - I do have a set of pickups ready to go into it as well. I understand that the IBZ pickups didn't do the guitar justice.

Thanks again!

Xander
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 12:50 PM

Reviews: 3

If I'm not mistaken they're getting the Edge Zero trem.

Here's Rich's rundown on the system.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/namm/2008/hardware.htm#EZ
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 09:54 PM

Reviews: 11

i have the 1527 with the edge pro and its damn nice never had a tuning problem on it before, and its been a little over a year now. its very worth buying.

and they have older ones in black and purple (i think?) that have the edge pro (which you are mistaking for the lo-pro. theyre about equal trems so dont worry, the edge pro is just an updated lo-pro so your not losing quality with it). i say go for it! who knows, it might kill your suhr and your conklin! doubt it, but you never know
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBZRG1527prestige View Post
i have the 1527 with the edge pro and its damn nice never had a tuning problem on it before, and its been a little over a year now. its very worth buying.

and they have older ones in black and purple (i think?) that have the edge pro (which you are mistaking for the lo-pro. theyre about equal trems so dont worry, the edge pro is just an updated lo-pro so your not losing quality with it). i say go for it! who knows, it might kill your suhr and your conklin! doubt it, but you never know
Thanks, prestige!

I have my eye on one right now that is purple. And I definitely was mistaken about the lo-pro edge. I know that most of the new trems are Edge Pro trems because on a few of my more-currrent Ibanez's I have them and I know that's the current trem.

As far as the Suhr??? Hmmm... I dunno man! The Conklin is an 8-stringer fanned-fret (and I should have corrected that in my first post) so that will be a totally different animal. The Suhr got put on hold (by Suhr) a bit because they are are doing a lower-horn re-cut I believe. I know that the Prestige line from Ibanez is made up of some pretty good guitars so I appreciate the advice. I am actively looking so we'll see how this goes. Thanks man!

Xander

Tags
rg1527 ibanez

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode