need some opinions. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

need some opinions.

i've been eying up an rg2550z for a while now. i'm planning to upgrade my squier strat to an RG model.

i've played the normal and prestige series of RG and S and decided instantly that the RG was gonna be the one for me. they've got a very similar set out to strats in general (knob and switch locations etc) and they neck felt really, really nice (the S felt like a rectangular baseball bat).

so i've heard people saying bad things about the new edge zero bridge. i've never owned a floyd rose-equipped guitar and it's one of the reasons i'm upgrading, to have one.

i've been searching the forums a bit and there's a lot of people saying the edge pro is the holy grail of all floyds and that the edge zero goes out of tune when the bar is raised and all sorts of bad things about it. i've played an rg2550z in my music shop twice and it seemed to go up and down and do all sorts of things and stay in tune, but then again, i'm the last person you should ask about floyd rose stability and functionality.

i'm guessing there's gonna be people saying the edge zero is great and others saying it's crap. i know you can't flutter well on them but i don't mind, i really just want it to stay in tune be able to do vai/satch type of things. i mean, it's on a prestige guitar, it has to be decent at least?

is it worth going for an older RG with an edge pro on it? also, would an edge pro be able to be fitted to an RG2550z?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: need some opinions.

I'm "old school"; my vote says go back to an original Edge bridge, then settle for a Lo-Pro Edge, then an Edge Pro then an Edge Zero.

So yes, I'd suggest you look for a slightly older model Rg
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

hmmm, i'm gonna have to try some out.

the thing is, the next guitar i buy, will probably be the only one i buy for a very long time, so i want to get it right.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

are there any rg prestige models that come in white (or any other colour than black) and have a pickguard and an edge pro and might be readily available from a guitar shop? (i really don't want another black guitar).
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebake View Post
are there any rg prestige models that come in white (or any other colour than black) and have a pickguard and an edge pro and might be readily available from a guitar shop? (i really don't want another black guitar).
Yeah a jem !! Other than that just search the Ibanez brochures of the last few years and look for those models you like. My local shop has a new(never bought) 06 RG with flame top in natural with the edge pro + some others,just start visiting all your states stores. BTW Only Japanese S models are the ones to buy,no where near "chunky baseball bats",sleekest guitar around especially early girls!

Tags
rg2550z edge zero pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

Ibanez s320 opinions?
opinions on duncan JB?
opinions on duncan JB?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode