Neon Guitar - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Neon Guitar

Not sure if this picture uploaded or not but i wanted to share a work in progress. All the art is symbolic and meant to have a kind of "sketched" look. I've been having a lot of fun with it. It is an RG270, but i have made serious mods. It has a LoPro Edge, Tone Zone(neck), Evolution(bridge), aftermarket pickguard(the rg270 did not originally have a pickguard equipped), a backstop(for those that dont know it helps stabilize floating tremolos) and I outfitted it with a deep socket mono jack. So far it sounds really great and looks really cool under the blacklight. i plan to redo the dots with the JEM vine in neon green, with neon blue leaves(really cool effect for the black light). eventually i will smooth everything out and enhance the artwork. i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or criticism on it? feel free to speak your mind, im not easily offended. thanks for looking
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my guitar complete.jpg (43.5 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Ragnarok's Angel; 03-18-2010 at 07:09 AM. Reason: forgot something lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 07:30 AM

Re: Neon Guitar

Wow. That think looks incredible! Great work!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

thanks
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 08:51 AM

Cool! Does it glow in the dark?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 11:19 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Neon Guitar

Okay...While it doesn't strike me as something I might play, it is a one of a kind artsy fartsy piece. Looks a little too much like a young punk rocker decided to paint a guitar though...Definitely has that I don't give a [email protected]$k attitude. Which is not always a bad thing...

I have always been a fan of doing your own thing and letting your freaky flag fly high. I personally do that, just in a different way! So for that I give 2 thumbs up! The fact that it is an individualistic thing also makes me approve...Not that you need my approval for anything.

I'll bet it looks quite cool on stage under lights, and rocking out...Which would appear to be why you put it together...

Anything you do that you love, is the right thing for you to do!!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 11:53 AM

Reviews: 7

I like it, but to me, the neon trem is overkill
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 12:27 PM

Reviews: 2

that would make a great 80s pop rock guitar.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 01:12 PM

Reviews: 2

That looks pretty cool. Usually I don't like those kind of things, but that is very nice.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

It glows brilliant under a blacklight but it doesnt glow in the dark. @beborock yes i was hesitant about the trem and still not sure about it myself... kinda test running it for now. @deadtunes now that you say that i see it too lol it doesnt have quite the feel i want it too yet. most of the inspiration was actually pink floyd inspired
@daniel & muffin thanks
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:20 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Neon Guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeboRock91 View Post
I like it, but to me, the neon trem is overkill
Now see, that was the one part I liked the most! Too funny how people are different...
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 10:15 PM

Reviews: 6

Super cool!!!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 11:44 AM

amazing guitar! i love it, looks great

Tags
rg270

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode