New Addition!!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

New Addition!!!

Well, for the first time since about 1993, I am currently without an Ibanez guitar (except for the one in the mail to arrive soon I hope). I dumped three of them to buy my Collings acoustic, and just sold another one to help offset what's in the mail (the UV that Jeremy had for sale), but yesterday I just couldn't resist.

So I brought home a brand new Tri-color sunburst PRS Hollowbody Spruce with Piezos, abalone birds and a wide/fat neck. I currently don't have any server space set up so I can't post pics but I'll try to figure that out tonight or tomorrow. It's a spruce top and back which makes it super warm sounding. I was wanting a hard tail, double humbucker guitar, and was looking at just a straight solid body McArty model, but I picked this one up and it was just great. Very comfortable and build quality it out of this world. Spent a few hours getting acquainted last night and through the Rivera/Bogner that neck pickup running clean was just sinful. What was a great surprise was that the piezos sounded awesome through the amp too...a little strident perhaps, but nothing a little eq can't fix. Blended tones are just crazy. It is just a very very fat and warm sounding guitar which is exactly what I wanted. Blues and jazz just fall out of the thing as one would expect, but what really surprised me was how good it sounded with loads of gain. I've never been drawn to PRS guitars except for the hollowbodies and archtops (drool), this is a very very good guitar...me pleased.

So now I'm down to just the strat, the PRS, the UVMC, the Collings and the Taylor (for sale). Not many, but I like the diversity and I think I've got all the bases covered for a while...or at least until next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 01:38 PM

Re: New Addition!!!

(ahem) pictures (cough cough)

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 02:05 PM

congratz!!! pics will be great
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 02:39 PM

Nice score!! That ATD UVMC (mahog body) replica of LGM's had a really sweet swirl too, maybe you should have him put pyramids on it
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

I thought about that, but I kind of like the fact that it's different....if the monkey grip and claw weren't different enough already. If anything, I'd like to find another neck and have him do a UVGR neck for it...but I think he's pretty busy with his own line these days. That swirl just spoke to me and I had to have it, and not many do...other than some of the DNAs. Can't wait to get it here.

This will be a good excuse to get my webspace up and running so I'll try to do that this weekend and get some pics posted.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 05:33 PM
EKG

UVGR Neck on auction right now
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 06:03 PM

Don't really know why some people on this site denigrate PRS guitars - I sort of have to assume it's because they haven't played one - my latest addition is a PRS Custom Soapbar (working under the theory that you can never have enough P90s, this model with three - yep, three, has to be one of the best guitars ever!) which is just spectacularly good! Our local musicians shop has a Spruce Hollowbody, and if I can dig up the many, many South Pacific Pesos they are asking for it, she will be mine, oh yes, she will be mine.......

Congrats on your choice of guitars, the Hollowbody is just superb!

Cheers,

David
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Shazam, Eddie that's a good eye...I been spending too much money lately though, gotta reign in a little, plus it sounds like it's a project in and of itself what with the needed refret and headstock finish issues, not plug and play. Maybe I'll get around to getting my bandsaw operational and give it a go myself.

Regarding people dogging other brands, being this is an Ibanez oriented site, I'd expect the healthy debate and everyone's played a dog of another brand at some point, but they all aren't dogs. I guess it'd be like logging onto a vintage strat forum and yelling out that my mexican strat rocks...you'd get burned at the stake, but I say potato....I just like variety and flexibility. This one gives me a ton of options and tones that I'd otherwise never have access to, plus it's purdy and plays great.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bduersch
(ahem) pictures (cough cough)

+1

Regards

André

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 11:33 AM

Pics? I'd love to see the UVMC.

Tags
humbucker guitar , mexican strat , monkey grip , neck pickup , prs guitar , prs guitars , sounding guitar , vintage strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode