New Bass Day, Ibanez BTB 675 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

New Bass Day, Ibanez BTB 675

After a bit of a debacle with trying to find a bass guitar in Australia, for a good price, from a store that didn't treat me like a drop kick, and actually wanted my money, I finally found the bass guitar for me.

An Ibanez BTB 675.

unboxing:

What the hell? I didn't order an Ashton... :nono:

Better look in the big box again.

That's better.

What's inside?

Ibanez BTB 675 unboxing by wilch, on Flickr

Ibanez BTB 675 by wilch, on Flickr

This is also my first indo Ibanez (my others are MIJ). I'm surprised by the fit and finish tbh. It's actually very nice. The store did a setup before sending it on, so it plays nicely. Low action, little to no buzz, good intonation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 03:28 AM Thread Starter

Re: New Bass Day, Ibanez BTB 675

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 03:33 AM

Reviews: 25

Friggin nice.... Congrats...
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 07:51 AM

Great catch, those BTB's are a lot of bass not to mention being gorgeous too. The Bart's are also real nice and you'll be able to create a wealth of sounds with those.

I've been gassing (again) for SR1205VNF - Ibby basses play so well :-)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys

That SR1205VNF is really nice! Bit too rich for me though.

I nearly bought an SR605, but the store I went to treated me so badly. Found this BTB through another store, and they treated me very well.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 09:38 AM

I feel the same about being treated right in a store - I've walked out of plenty when ready to ease out the card. Guess some folks just don't care though.

Been saving for a while for an SR (you're right, they are not cheap) but after repeat viewings of your BTB i'm getting the gas for one of them now! My missus is gonna be pi**ed... :-)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiano View Post
I feel the same about being treated right in a store - I've walked out of plenty when ready to ease out the card. Guess some folks just don't care though.
I know, it's crazy isn't it!

Would you believe the salesperson from Turramurra Music in Sydney said to me, "the profit in that wouldn't even pay for the electricity you've used by standing in the store".

I was there for less than 10 minutes, and had only gone through the electronics on the bass to make sure everything was working before I went up to the front again and asked, "how much?" (no sticker on the guitar). I also only offered $100 less than what he responded with. Thinking, "let's start the banter". Why else go into a store if you don't want to haggle. I can buy online if I don't want to haggle.

It was also in pretty bad condition for a "new" guitar. Tarnished frets, and a dent near the input jack. Apparently had been in the store for 6 months. I now know why. Jerk off's don't actually want to sell anything, and are doing us a favour just by being open....

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiano View Post
Been saving for a while for an SR (you're right, they are not cheap) but after repeat viewings of your BTB i'm getting the gas for one of them now! My missus is gonna be pi**ed... :-)
lol! If you have the means, then why not buy both . (and by "means" I mean "means of being able to hide it from the missus". lol)

It does play differently to the SR. The string spacing is larger. Which I think some people don't like. I don't mind it though. I found that it's easier to use my fingers for picking than on an SR. There's just more room.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilch View Post
I know, it's crazy isn't it!

Would you believe the salesperson from Turramurra Music in Sydney said to me, "the profit in that wouldn't even pay for the electricity you've used by standing in the store".

I was there for less than 10 minutes, and had only gone through the electronics on the bass to make sure everything was working before I went up to the front again and asked, "how much?" (no sticker on the guitar). I also only offered $100 less than what he responded with. Thinking, "let's start the banter". Why else go into a store if you don't want to haggle. I can buy online if I don't want to haggle.

It was also in pretty bad condition for a "new" guitar. Tarnished frets, and a dent near the input jack. Apparently had been in the store for 6 months. I now know why. Jerk off's don't actually want to sell anything, and are doing us a favour just by being open....

lol! If you have the means, then why not buy both . (and by "means" I mean "means of being able to hide it from the missus". lol)

It does play differently to the SR. The string spacing is larger. Which I think some people don't like. I don't mind it though. I found that it's easier to use my fingers for picking than on an SR. There's just more room.

This kind of attitude just blows me away. Surely any sale is better than nothing and continuing to carry stock and maintain overheads??? Economics for idiots had something on this as i remember :-) Explains why so many businesses are suffering and i guess the ones that survive will have some idea of customer care. Here's hoping anyway...

Interesting that you talk about the string spacing on you BTB - I've tried a SR 5 string and did find it a little tight in there. Thought it was me, but hadn't got any measurements in fairness. The sixes must be like a straight jacket. I don't use a pick for bass and a bit more space helps - BTB now firmly on the radar!

Decided to dig a bunker under the house to hide contraband gear in - walking around dropping the earth out of my pockets like in The Great Escape as we speak... ;-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode