New BFR Petrucci from John and EB/MM - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

New BFR Petrucci from John and EB/MM

I've been in the Jemsite community for a long time and still am an avid Ibanez player and enthusiast. But this is definitely worth mentioning here because it blew me away and it's nice to share when artists and companies are simply amazing. In this case, I'm referring to John Petrucci and EB/MM. I posted this on John's site so some of you may have seen it already. Anyways, John ordered me one of his top of the line BFRs several months ago and had been tracking its progress until it arrived at my doorstep last week. It was a complete shock to me and my thanks goes out to John and EB/MM for such a tremendous gift. I've never been given anything like this before. I'll tell you what, I already knew John and EB/MM were good people because of my experiences with them before. But this just confirms it 1000 times over. It's a one-off color (tobacco burst) as well which could go into production, but they aren't sure at this time. Well, maybe it's a two-off, because they made one for John too, but his doesn't have the burst on the back of the neck. It plays and sounds as good as it looks. It's really the highest quality guitar I've ever owned and I'm having fun recording with it now. Here's some pics I took the day it arrived...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 12:30 PM

Re: New BFR Petrucci from John and EB/MM

That is some top notch wood.
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 02:52 PM

Yeah man, that thing is dynamite.
post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 03:55 PM

Lovely, very classy.

Ben
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 04:41 PM

Those are killer guitars man. Congrats
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 04:51 PM

That top is rather understated and high quality in my opinion. You dont often see quilted maple that good ever. Where as ive always found the prs flame 10 top boring as hell, this thing has some real depth too it. Notice how wide and then close again the quilt is between *rings* Such an amazing looking guitar, im not usually this impressed by anything but damn.
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 05:55 PM

Stunning Paul! I maintain that's the nicest BFR that I've seen yet.
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Vendor

Love the color [still hate the inlay]. There was a burst in the first generation for a year I really liked too. Did it make it to you without NJFC's?!
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Love the color [still hate the inlay]. There was a burst in the first generation for a year I really liked too. Did it make it to you without NJFC's?!
Yes, it made it without one of those. You know, I didn't like the inlay at all from photos of these guitars, but it's really grown on me in person. I was just recording a few minutes ago and man, this thing has some great sustain. Having a good time with it...

paul
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Vendor

The different case may have something to do with that. That SKB case was a crack waiting to happen!
post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 12:15 AM

Mine cracked the twice the first weekend I had it.
No cracks at the store, one when I got it home Firday and a second when I opened the case Sunday. EB/MM was willing to repaint it, but they didnt seem too happy about it.
post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Whats an NJFC?

Sick guitar BTW
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 02:08 PM

Neck Joint Finish Crack....
post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
The different case may have something to do with that. That SKB case was a crack waiting to happen!
Yeah mine has the SKB style case and has a small crack in the top joint. My next JP is a limited edition so i should get that nice new style case too . Just another month of waiting now .
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 02:16 PM

Reviews: 1

Beautiful guitar Paul. Stunning quilt.

Can you tell us how it is that John has a guitar made for you? Marry his sister or something? :^)
Pretty special stuff!

-jemaholic

Tags
beautiful guitar , bridge pickup , bridge pickups , coil tap , custom shop , eddie van halen , ibanez guitars , john petrucci , killer guitar , magnetic pickups , neck joint , petrucci model , quilted maple , steve morse , tobacco sunburst , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode