New Carvin! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

New Carvin!

I'm not a frequent poster over here, but I'm a long-time lurker. I just got a new Carvin C66 on Thursday and thought I'd share the pics. The bad news is that I broke my left ring finger and will need surgery for it to heal completely, so I won't be able to play it for at least 6-8 weeks!

Here are the specs:
Carvin C66
Alder Body, Flame Maple Top, Tobacco Sunburst Finish
Maple Neck, Birdseye Maple Fingerboard
Stainless Steel Medium Jumbo Frets
DiMarzio Cruiser, stock Carvin AP11, DiMarzio Steve's Special (DiMarzios not installed by factory)
Abalone Dots, Logo
Reverse "Holdsworth" Headstock
Pearloid Sperzel Tuner Buttons (added by me)
Dunlop Straplocks

Carvin doesn't normally do the "triangle" single coil routes or squared off fretboards on their bolt-on models, but for an extra charge they were willing to do both. I'll be swapping out that last stock pickup for a DiMarzio Area '61 after my finger heals because it still gets a lot of hum. It's a shame though, because it's a really great-sounding pickup.

My not-so-great camera makes the finish look a lot more brown than it does in person The finish is actually a really rich, bright yellow in the center, and it's brownish where the black meets the yellow.

It plays and sounds amazing. The trem springs are a little stiff and it'll be a little adjustment to the medium-jumbo frets, but all in all it's a really special guitar.

Onto the pics:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 04:55 AM

Reviews: 11
Re: New Carvin!

Wow. That's nice. Congratulations mate. And I'm sorry about your finger..
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 05:17 AM

What a beauty!
A friend of mine says that "natural" wood finishes are chick magnets hehe

and sorry about your finger too, damn, it must be a kick in the nuts, having a great new guitar, and not being able to play it...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 11:50 PM

That guitar looks friggin fantastic.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 03:28 AM

Nice guitar mate and sorry about your finger too, mayby you will try to play lefty like me hehehehe

Tags
carvin , cruiser , dimarzio , steve's special

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode