New Dimarzio PAF-7? - Anyone tried them? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

New Dimarzio PAF-7? - Anyone tried them?

I just got my UV777BK and the tone is not quite as - well, sweet - as those that I get from my JS1000. *With the Paf pro and FRED in the JS1000 I can get a super clean strat twang that I use to substitute for an acoustic in certain songs, and almost all of that guitar's many possible clean tones are beautiful.

Using my UV777BK with the neck+middle single coils, and the same POD settings ( I realize I will have to tweak or change amp models - the UV seems to like the Boogie for clean where the JS1000 sounds best with the Twin model), the sound is more ... I don't know .. sterile? * I have to sell my JS1000 *to pay for my recent root c ****
and cap which maxed out my dental insurance, so I had better get some good tones from the UV since it is all I will have for an electric.

It seems that I have to work harder at getting a good clean sound from the UV, so I was wondering if the Blaze pups are the problem and if anyone has tried the PAF-7's yet? * The tone I really like comes from the PAF-pro's in the JS1000 and my dearly departed Jem77, so would a PAF not really compare to a Paf-Pro? *Thanks fo' yo' he'p.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

New Dimarzio PAF-7?

hehee, that's funny, c-a-n-a-l was censored. *ohh, me so naughty! *:sarcasm:

(Edited by ashlock at 7:43 pm on April 12, 2001)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 06:06 PM

New Dimarzio PAF-7?

I have a PAF 7 and a Tone Zone 7 in my UV777BK and it was a huge improvement. The PAF 7 is very nice in the neck and the Tone Zone 7 is really nice in the bridge. Very smooth, not too trebly/midrangey.

I highly recommend both.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2001, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

New Dimarzio PAF-7?

Thanks, Jeffrey, I will definetely try the PAF in the neck. * And while I'm at it, maybe I will put another PAF or a tone zone in the bridge. *Can you tell me why you chose the tone zone? *Were you going for a heavier/smoother/whatever sound compared to the Blaze pups?

muchas gracias

oops, nevermind I think you already answered *that. I will try the PAF-Tonezone combo.

(Edited by ashlock at 6:45 pm on April 16, 2001)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 06:25 PM

New Dimarzio PAF-7?

I went with the Tone Zone because I had played one in one of my friend's Prestige guitars in the bridge position. It was a Tone Zone 6 of course.

It was very nice. Not too shrieky, not too high-mid rangy. Just nice and smooth, chunky if you beat on it just right, soft if you play it just right.

I was honestly very surprised.

I've been extremely happy with it and the PAF 7.

Tags
bridge position , clean tone , paf pro , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode