A New discovery in hand made guitars... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Thumbs up A New discovery in hand made guitars...

Last year i heard a rumor that there was some guy who made guitars and bases, but until last friday i started to believe, the guy is a luthier that mades guitars and bases by hand!!! a hand made guitar or bass its truly a craftmanship effort.
Here is the link, check it out and feel free to give some feedback about it.
http://www.iglesiasguitars.com/instruments.html
There are some interesting points and issues that dont quite fit in my head, but it could be true.
JJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 03:44 PM

Reviews: 7
Re: A New discovery in hand made guitars...

I find this kinda wierd, "These bridge pieces never need to be adjusted again. they are built at their exact tonal positions and the instrument will stay on-tune and on perfect intonation permanently.". What if you change string gauge or tuning? Is this some magically universal bridge setting that makes all tuning's and string gauges perfectly intonated?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 05:09 PM

www.zacharyguitars.com
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothersnowgone View Post
I find this kinda wierd, "These bridge pieces never need to be adjusted again. they are built at their exact tonal positions and the instrument will stay on-tune and on perfect intonation permanently.". What if you change string gauge or tuning? Is this some magically universal bridge setting that makes all tuning's and string gauges perfectly intonated?
Its not particularly accurate but it works on acoustics............
One setting for all!

Max
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 05:13 PM

I like this one. Very organic.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 07:15 PM

Reviews: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothersnowgone View Post
That sounds fair enough though, if someone wants a guitar made, and they don't want to change tuning or string gauge (probably plenty of people out there) you don't need to adjust the bridge, and the tone and sustain would be fantastic.

Also necks can be built without the need for a truss rod. Truss rods were only invented because guitar builders wanted to save money by using cheaper timber that may not be as robust.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Also necks can be built without the need for a truss rod. Truss rods were only invented because guitar builders wanted to save money by using cheaper timber that may not be as robust.
i'd be inclined to dispute that...because all wood moves, even the strongest....
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
I like this one. Very organic.

That thing looks like a table.......oh that's right, it IS!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
I am going to slap you
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki swordsman View Post
i'd be inclined to dispute that...because all wood moves, even the strongest....
Same here....Vigier uses no truss rod, but he at least puts a carbon steel rod down the middle. I find it hard to believe that this guy puts NOTHIG in his necks.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki swordsman View Post
Absolutely, beat me to the punch

Unless it was built in a factory that has the exact same temp/humidity as the town it was shipped to, and whilst in shipping was kept under these same conditions, the wood WILL move.

Sorry, but I'd rather have a guitar that is made to be able to change with these conditions instead of one that is *supposed* to stay stable for ever ever, for ever ever, ever ever?
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 10:27 PM

This guy, besides being an excellent word carver, is really not different from

Zachary Guitars
Dave Myka
Abyss Guitars
Alembic
Blackmachine Guitars
Sherman Guitars

And a slew of independant luthiers unknown to me.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 01:33 AM

Reviews: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTart View Post
Absolutely, beat me to the punch

Unless it was built in a factory that has the exact same temp/humidity as the town it was shipped to, and whilst in shipping was kept under these same conditions, the wood WILL move.

Sorry, but I'd rather have a guitar that is made to be able to change with these conditions instead of one that is *supposed* to stay stable for ever ever, for ever ever, ever ever?
Sure thing, but then again back in the day people didn't have truss rods and they survived. Necks were made with more stable timbers, and chances were that luthiers didn't ship guitars far from where they were made due to transport restrictions as well. So what you said about the same town, etc worked then. I'd still rather have the truss rod too, but I would also like the toughest timber where possible to minimise movement.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 07:49 AM

OP: Are you really that amazed that guitars can be made by hand...? Were you not aware of this before...?
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 09:50 AM

/\ yeah, i've heard of millions of people making their own guitars, hek i wana make my own guitar. it's not too hard. the neck is the hardest part

Tags
maple neck , maple necks , string gauges , truss rod , truss rods , zachary guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode