New Floyd Rose Trem Model - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

New Floyd Rose Trem Model

Hey, I was tooling around on the Floyd Rose site and saw this: http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/tre...frx-series/frx

I have been wanting a Gibson SG for a long time, but when I have the money, I always end up buying something else. The big reason is that when I own a hardtail guitar, it hardly ever gets played. This seems like the answer to my problems. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 02:23 PM

Re: New Floyd Rose Trem Model

Interesting. It looks like a glorified Bigsby with a double locking system if i may say so. My personal view is a double locking trem bridge looks out of place on a Les Paul or SG, but it is definitely an option if you want a double locking trem on an SG and definitely don't want a Bigsby.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Well, I want to add a piezo, and they make piezo saddles for the TOM and the Floyd. Also, I've played a Bigsby, and it just feels so...dated.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 09:02 PM

By all means. Do you have any pricing info on it?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

No, they just put it into production. It's not even available for purchase. I expect it to be reasonable, but we'll see. It had better not be the price of another guitar like their titanium model.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 08:15 AM
dex

I'm sure I saw a blurb about this tremolo years ago, it was black in the original news release.
Also strangely enough GAK in the UK have it on their site so you can expect similar prices but in $ as when it comes to music instrument and equipment exchange rate is 1:1, what costs $300 in the US costs 300 in the UK.

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/floyd-rose-f...-nickel/100998

Here's a video of Floyd himself talking about the FRX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CVd8MxdcFI
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Wow, thanks for sharing, Dex. That video was pretty convincing, but I wonder how well these will stay in tune. I guess we'll just have to wait and see when they become available.

Tags
floyd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode