New Godins - I'm gettin' GAS again! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

New Godins - I'm gettin' GAS again!

Wow, these puppies look SWEET!

http://www.harmony-central.com/Newp/...at-Five-X.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 04:20 PM

New Godins

Yeah, i've seen them... they're quite nice. The bolt-on neck with a deep hollow body design is a bit odd, though.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

New Godins

This is going to be a hard one to pass by for me. *I have no problems with a bolt-on neck (I actually like 'em a lot). *It is an "interesting" combination though. *It may actually help the tone a bit, make it a bit more lively. *I've had Godins in the past (LGX-SA and Radiator) and their stuff is very nice.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 06:42 PM

New Godins

We must have similar cases of GAS as I've been strongly considering a LGXT recently. *Currently, I can only control my Roland GR-33 with my Godin ACS and I'm wanting an electric synth axe as I'm primarily an electric player.

Do it!! *Do it!! * Do it!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

New Godins

Ha, thanks for the encouragement, as if I really need it! *;-)

The LGX-T is nice. *I had the non-trem version just because I have my own opinions about trem guitars and their ability to control GK-run hardware. *I just feel that there's less possibility for stray notes and glitches with a hardtail. *Whether that's true or not, I don't know. *Lots of people have LGX-Ts and are happy.

You should be able to find one for a good price so I say back to you: *GO FOR IT!!!!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 08:49 PM

New Godins

The nice thing about the LGX-T as opposed to a regular trem synth controller is the LGX-T uses the piezo elements in the bridge for the synth pickup. If you're just using the Roland GK pickup on a pivoting bridge, when you use the trem, the strings move away from the pickup, increasing the chance for glitches. That's why Roland used to quietly recommend a Kahler trem, because the roller-style bridge didn't move the strings away from the pickup when you used it. The G-707 had a similar trem design.

The quality of Godin guitars has really impressed me... the ACS/Multiac guitars are fantastic (i'm seriously wanting an A5 Fretless bass) and some of their older strat and tele-style guitars were on par with guitars like Tom Andersons. For me, i find the LGX is a bit too heavy feeling, and the tone lacks something. But they're fantastic guitars if you like the feel and the tone.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 09:27 PM

New Godins

I just bout a Multiac ACS Nylon guitar about a week ago for $755 Canadian.

It was listed at $1200 but it had a dent so I got them to take it down to 899, plus I had a credit for 278.

It's such an awesome guitar, Now I just need a good acoustic amp.

Chris
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 11:17 PM

New Godins

I play my Godin ACS through a Boss AD-5 and then either direct to computer (for recording) or through a power amp / PA cab rig for live purposes (which I also route the GR-33 through). *Boss AD-5 is a nice unit and the price has dropped a little - I think they can be had for $250 now.

Tags
acoustic amp , hollow body , kahler trem , power amp , trem guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode