New Guitar Day pron included!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

New Guitar Day pron included!!

I ordered a rusty cooley sig 7 string but decided mid order to get an ESP instead. I ended up with an ESP Horizon NTII. The quality of this guitar is absolutely amazing. It is perfect in everyway except for the stock pickups. Even before I plugged it in I swapped out the pickups for some EMG 81,85's

here are the pics

Last edited by Neoclasiccl; 02-02-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Re: New Guitar Day pron included!!

Last edited by Neoclasiccl; 02-02-2009 at 01:35 PM.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 08:48 PM

Nice! Didn't even test drive the Duncans? I wouldn't have been able to have helped myself, I would have plugged 'er in right away!
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 08:54 PM

Yeah, nice guitar, but you didn't even want to try the Duncans? Oh well if the EMGs really do it for you then go for it.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 09:01 PM

Beautiful! I love that quilted maple top!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

I have never liked Ducans and have ripped em out of lots of guitars. I already knew what tone and stuff I wanted with this guitar and after playing it with the EMG's I nailed exactly what I need this guitar to sound like
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoclasiccl View Post
I have never liked Ducans and have ripped em out of lots of guitars. I already knew what tone and stuff I wanted with this guitar and after playing it with the EMG's I nailed exactly what I need this guitar to sound like
Okay. I'm just not a EMG fan myself. so I'm not always going to sound very open to the choice of switching Duncans or DiMarzios out of a guitar for them. But it's your guitar not mine.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 10:15 PM

Nice guitar. Good choice getting it over the Dean. Too bad you ruined it with the EMG's
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 11:06 PM

Reviews: 2

It probably sounds awesome with EMGs, I mean the guitar is mahogany so the brightness and high output of actives should be less prominent because of the depth and warmth of the body wood. I like Duncans just as much though, variety is good.

I bet that finish looks amazing in person, especially offset with an ebony board.

Last edited by Stygian; 01-22-2009 at 11:11 PM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

I have duncans in my Jackson SL1 and I hate em. I have EMG's in my Dean MAB1 and I absolutely love em so it was a no brainer. Definately not too bright and they clean up nicely when you roll back the volume.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stygian View Post
It probably sounds awesome with EMGs, I mean the guitar is mahogany so the brightness and high output of actives should be less prominent because of the depth and warmth of the body wood. I like Duncans just as much though, variety is good.

I bet that finish looks amazing in person, especially offset with an ebony board.
the finish is great but if there isn't alot of light in the room the guitar looks dark blue. With some bright light then the quilt really pops out at ya.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

THat has one of the best tops I've ever seen, it's a beautiful guitar

I nearly picked up a Horizon before Christmas, but decided against it because of the back of the neck feeling too sticky
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 07:29 AM

Beautiful, I've played a few and they are great playing and sounding instruments. The thing that has always stopped me from buying one is that daft 12th fret inlay they insist on. I'm yet to see an example of that sort of thing that appeals to me.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 12:32 PM

Talking Re: New Guitar Day pron included!!

Wow, that sucker is GORGEOUS!! I now harbor an intense personal hatred towards you.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

thanks man. I added some chrome pup rings the other day also. Got them from Guitarparts Depot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode