new guitar help me decide - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

new guitar help me decide

hi all i would like some help for chosing a new guitar my budget is around $800
i also made a list hopefuly you guys will help me decide

1-Jackson DKMGT MIJ

2-LTD MH1000 MIK

3-Bc Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade MIK

4-Bc Rich ASM Pro MIK

5-Jackson DK2S MIJ

6-Jackson DK2T MIJ

i'm also haven't decide to buy a guitar with a term or with a fixed bridge i sold my ibanez rg350 because of the term

best regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 04:52 PM

Reviews: 10
Re: new guitar help me decide

No Ibanez guitars on your list? Remeber this is Jemsite...lol ;o) I wouldn't give up on Ibanez guitars with trems - your rg350 may have had trem issues and with an $800 budget you'll be able to buy a nicer Ibanez model since your rg350 was probably only in the $400 USD price range. There are also some very nice fixed bridge Ibanez guitars in your price range - check out the Ibanez RGA72QM - very nice guitar and under your budget.

Regarding your list, I haven't tried the BC Rich guitars listed but out of all of the guitars on your list my initial reaction would be to go try out the Jackson guitars first becuase I would be a little leary of buying a Korean made guitar....and I've liked the Jacksons that I've played.

Some people love ESP guitars, and there are some good reviews out there, but the ESP LTD guitars that I've played did not sound that good to me...didn't love the necks either...but that's just an opinion.

There are sooooo many options in your price range. Quite a few nice Ibanez models in that price range...Godin guitars are very good bang for your buck...

But out of your list I would try the Jacksons first....just an opinion ) good luck & have fun shopping )
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 07:37 AM

Take a look at the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser too...
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 10:25 PM

From your list I'd go with the Jackson DK2T. And I'd try to trade someone for black/cream zebra pups cause they look so fricken awesome. It'd be a beast.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 10:54 PM

Reviews: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatal1ty39 View Post
hi all i would like some help for chosing a new guitar my budget is around $800
i also made a list hopefuly you guys will help me decide

1-Jackson DKMGT MIJ

2-LTD MH1000 MIK

3-Bc Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade MIK

4-Bc Rich ASM Pro MIK

5-Jackson DK2S MIJ

6-Jackson DK2T MIJ

i'm also haven't decide to buy a guitar with a term or with a fixed bridge i sold my ibanez rg350 because of the term

best regards
id get the rg550 reissue. you can get one mint for that and the trem stays in tune.
you will love it.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 07:08 AM

Reviews: 19

LTD MH are good geets.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 11:34 AM

Reviews: 15

unfortunately, nobody can help you decide. I recommend heading to the music store and find one that "feels right", and buy it.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Banned

out of the ones you mentioned id buy the bc rich gunslinger.you can get these in some really cool colours
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 02:10 PM

Reviews: 15

I'm a little confused. What does "some really cool colours" have to do with the guitar at all? It has NOTHING to do with the guitar's playability.

I once played a friend's Queensryche Empire guitar. It looked cool. I took pictures playing it. But I would NEVER want to own it, because it was horrible to play. I personally wouldn't take "cool colors" into account. But that's just me.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 03:27 PM

BC and ya get Rich
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespauled View Post
I'm a little confused. What does "some really cool colours" have to do with the guitar at all? It has NOTHING to do with the guitar's playability.

I once played a friend's Queensryche Empire guitar. It looked cool. I took pictures playing it. But I would NEVER want to own it, because it was horrible to play. I personally wouldn't take "cool colors" into account. But that's just me.
the cool colours is just 1 of the good features about the bc rich gunslinger,there good guitars aswell as good looks.i could paint a fender squire a cool desert yellow colour but it doesnt mean its a good guitar,i think you better seek medical advice about being confused,might be your age

Last edited by rob777vdy; 07-10-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Tags
jackson ltd bc rich

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode