new guitar ideas? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

new guitar ideas?

hi all, as christmas has just passed and my bdays in a few weeks im considering getting some new guitars i hope to be geting around £300, so at the moment i have had some ideas on guitars:

douglas wrl 595 - sorta like an ibanez s, neck thru, emg passives and grover tuners, 22 frets
£120

jackson js30rr - randy rhoads, 24 frets, bolt on, jackson p.u. im gonna use it as a base for a custom :P
£180-£190

im leaning towards gettin those two but are there any others i should know about?, is there anything about theese i should know? what are your ideas?

rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 02:15 PM

Re: new guitar ideas?

Hey dude! For £300 you can get a seriously good guitar. If your not worried about getting a 'second hand' guitar then I suggest checking out ****.co.uk for some deals. I'm a massive fan of yamaha guitars and I think that for 300 pounds you have several options.

1) The new 112V and up grade the pups.
2) Perhaps a 612 or a 812, you will be able to nab one of these for under 300 pounds - and perhaps a case as well.

The 812 has Seymour Duncan pick ups and I'd reccomend checking out the one with the Wilkinson vibrato system as the yamaha one didn't really do much for me. Aside from yamaha guitars you could perhaps get a Jackson DK2M (Maple Neck with Seymours) or perhaps a RG 570.

However, I'm massivly biased towards yamaha...so try out loads and see what is best for you.

Take care,

Chris
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 02:18 PM

Why not just get one better quality guitar?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

thanks ill have a look at yamaha, the reason why i dont just get one good one is because i want to get a 24 fret model and i realy like the look of the s series and a neck thru s would just be awesome, but im might change my mind ill look around for some others and ill checkout the ones you mentioned,
i would try and go for a pre 2003 ibanez s540 or a s470ol but the s540 ive never seen for less than 300 and that only in america which sucks cus im in uk, and ive never seen a s470ol '94 model , if anyone knows of any for sale in or able to ship to uk please lemme know

Last edited by Revaku; 12-27-2008 at 02:46 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 04:45 PM

Reviews: 2

Um I'd say save up more and buy a 24 fret S Series.

Buying a bunch of cheap guitars is bad in the long run as you won't get much resale on them. It's better just just saving up that bit extra and going for 1 killer guitar that you'll have for years rather than a bunch of what you will view as crap in years to come that just take up space that you'll have to sell for 40 quid to get rid of them.

You're better off buying an used RG1550 for around £350 which will probably be a LOT better than the cheap guitars you mention

Good luck
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

lol i would but a 24 fret s is around 1200 isnt it? and it doesnt matter about space cus i live with my mum (im 14) we live in this old cottage which has a massive shed in the garden, which my mum lets me use to store my guitars so space is no issue, i see what you mean about crap guitars lol (personal experiance ;P) but im starting to tinker alot more know which is kinda why i want the jackson cus its cheap so i can customize it and if i go wrong it aint the end of the world. and the douglas is basicly an s series with neck thru and from reviews and such apparently its a good deal considering emg-hz grover tuners are about $140 on there own and the guitars is only $190/£130, but ill look into the rg

thanks for all the help guys

what do you guys think the likely-ness of findind a s470olfor around £300 is? does anyone know of one for sale?

Last edited by Revaku; 12-27-2008 at 06:02 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 04:04 AM

you store your guitars in a shed ? that dont sound good.

and they are right, a used RG/S anything...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

hehe yeah but its not a wooden one, its like this massve brick square thing lol, im looking into a mahoagny s540 now :P

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode