New headstock veneer? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

New headstock veneer?

I love my 8270 but I think it would look better with a matching blue flame maple headstock. I know it can be done, but for how much? I would want the logos to look exactly the same though, which may be a problem. Would a decent luthier be able to match the Ibanez inlay and j custom script exactly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 12:34 PM
GAZ

Re: New headstock veneer?

Just because a lot of guys on here consider the striped ebony headstock 'inferior', don't be influenced by them !!! It makes the guitar more unique and special and in some ways more classy IMO - a la PRS Artist. So what if it doesn't match the body colour, it matches the fretboard better if you want to be that petty. I'd keep it as is, you'd spend a lot of money and devalue the guitar in the process.

GAZ (member of the striped ebony headstock fan club)

PS : Everybody raves about the RG3120 with it's rosewood veneer headstock. Nobody ever complains about that !! Why ? Coz loads of people have them and love them, not many own an RG8270. Love it for what it is. One of the best guitars you can own.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 12:40 PM

i think 8270 also has rosewood, ebony is somewhat black.
and i'd leave it as it is too, i think it's one of the greatest things ibanez did on their top of the line models, it really makes it look nicer, more woody
i was never really a fan of matching headstocks, especially on transparent laquiered body's
so i join with GAZ
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 05:35 AM
GAZ

Talking Re: New headstock veneer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploki View Post
i think 8270 also has rosewood, ebony is somewhat black.
and i'd leave it as it is too, i think it's one of the greatest things ibanez did on their top of the line models, it really makes it look nicer, more woody
i was never really a fan of matching headstocks, especially on transparent laquiered body's
so i join with GAZ
It is def striped ebony on the RG8270. Ebony is not always black, it is a very variable wood as is rosewood and this is STRIPED ebony which is more attractive for uses other than fretboards. Each headstock is unique in colour and grain. Mine is quite dark with darker stripes some are almost light brown with darker stripes. I love 'em !!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAZ View Post
PS : Everybody raves about the RG3120 with it's rosewood veneer headstock. Nobody ever complains about that !! Why ? Coz loads of people have them and love them, not many own an RG8270.
Are you talking about the newer 3120 which isn't available over in the USA? The old 3120 has a painted black headstock.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 11:13 AM
GAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Are you talking about the newer 3120 which isn't available over in the USA? The old 3120 has a painted black headstock.
Yes I am, but nobody moans about the painted one either ?!

Tags
black headstock , flame maple

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode