New Ibanez with 24 frets, preferably no pickguard, OK pickups, sleek and fast neck - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

New Ibanez with 24 frets, preferably no pickguard, OK pickups, sleek and fast neck

Hey guys

I'm looking for a new guitar, and I want an Ibanez. I want a good tremolo which stays in tune no matter how much I rape it, I want a fast neck for those tricky solos (but I guess every Ibanez has a great neck?), I want pickups for rock and heavy/thrash metal mainly, preferably 24 frets, and a nice design (not too pointy, and gladly black)

Price? Ibanezes are'nt so cheap here in Norway, so it's mdifficult to say a price. But we can say 1000$.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 01:35 PM

Re: New Ibanez with 24 frets, preferably no pickguard, OK pickups, sleek and fast nec

RG series

or

S series, although these may not all have 24 frets, mine doesn't.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 02:17 PM

Reviews: 17
Re: New Ibanez with 24 frets, preferably no pickguard, OK pickups, sleek and fast nec

Get the new Ibanez RG1550PPN
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, one more thing. I want rosewood fretboard. Does the RG1550 have it?
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnis View Post
Hey guys

I'm looking for a new guitar, and I want an Ibanez. I want a good tremolo which stays in tune no matter how much I rape it, I want a fast neck for those tricky solos (but I guess every Ibanez has a great neck?), I want pickups for rock and heavy/thrash metal mainly, preferably 24 frets, and a nice design (not too pointy, and gladly black)

Price? Ibanezes are'nt so cheap here in Norway, so it's mdifficult to say a price. But we can say 1000$.

Any suggestions?
THE fast neck is the 'wizard' and 'super wizard',same neck profile, the newer super version is just a multi piece construction(3 or 5 pc).Super fast and thin 17mm thick @ 1st fret/[email protected] fret. This is what you should look for and it is returning in 09 on some of the newer models. This is the neck that made ibanez the shred legend it is so find one ! Dont be confused by the other necks with wizard in the name like 'wizard 2',NOT THE SAME THIN NECK!! Just wizard or super wizard thats it,and yes rosewood is on plenty from 89-09!
Goodluck.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

I saw an amazing Ibanez on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEtej...eature=related
What Ibanez is this?
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 09:47 AM

Looks like a J custom from 5 or 6 years back.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 10:19 AM

Sounds like you want an RG1570 to me. 24 frets? check. No pickguard? check. O.K pickups? V series are ok, change 'em if ya want to. Sleek and fast neck? that's a big check. Plus, it's got the (imho superior) Edge Pro instead of the Edge Zero.

Rock on!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, that's definitely an option. The only thing I don't like about it's design, is that damn singlecoil... I would prefer HH configuration, but "man kan ikke få i både pose og sekk" as we say it in Norway (you can't get everything you want, be happy with some of it)
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 10:58 AM

There are plenty of RGs without the single coil in the middle. Have a look on the Ibanez website.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Damn, I wish Ibanez had an RG1820X without piezo.

Any normal RG guitar that looks like the RG1820X, but without piezo? (I don't want so many knobs and outputs and stuff like that, and I won't pay for the piezo-part if I won't use it much)
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Okei, new criterias (if there is a model with these specs):

- 24 frets
- black (Galaxy Black?)
- offset dot inlays
- HH configuration
- Rosewood fretboard
- no pickguard

This would be the perfect Ibanez. But, does it exist?
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Okei, new criterias (if there is a model with these specs):

- 24 frets
- black (Galaxy Black?)
- offset dot inlays
- HH configuration
- Rosewood fretboard
- no pickguard

This would be the perfect Ibanez. But, does it exist?
These are available in Norway,added bonus they're neck thru + EMG's. Pretty METAL!

Last edited by corey j grieve; 01-10-2009 at 10:57 PM.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, they're pretty cool. But I'm not sure if I want EMG's (does it work for Petrucci-stuff?), and is the Edge III really that good?
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Yeah, they're pretty cool. But I'm not sure if I want EMG's (does it work for Petrucci-stuff?), and is the Edge III really that good?
It's as close as you can get to what you seek unless you find a second hand Petrucci or J custom. You could sell the EMG's i guess if they dont work out,many people love them. Yes the trem is cheap,but they function and could be replaced also if you are not happy.

Goodluck with your search

Tags
neck , new guitar , pickguard , pickup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode