New ibanez with interesting trem - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 6
Exclamation New ibanez with interesting trem

So I went in to check out a guitar i put up an other post about and came across this semi hollow ibanez (strat shape.) It had a trem on it that i've never seen before. I had a closer look at it and it had now spring cavity but the springs were on the lower bout. It was really interesting, it was a trem i've never seen before, i'm sorry i can't give you a better description it's just really hard to explain. It was a non locking but it was a floating trem. Any body know what i'm talking about or have any experience with this particular guitar/trem? Any feed back would be helpful i actually wouldn't mind picking it up if you guys have any good things to say about it. Unfortunetly the bar wasn't in so i couldn't try it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 05:56 PM

Re: New ibanez with interesting trem

It wouldn't happen to be this model, would it?

If you go into the "parts" section on Ibanez.com and search in the 2005 model section for "ACT", you'll get the part numbers and a good pic of the trem. Looks kinda interesting, actually... are the springs anchored to the back of the guitar?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

that's the axe alright, it played very well and all the fretwork/setup was immaculate. The springs are anchored right below the trem at the back of the guitar. I didn't get to try the trem but the guitar itself was very nice. I actually may trade in one of my old guitars for it, i'm not sure though, i'll have to think on it. The guitar i'm thinking about trading for it is an epiphone sheraton. If anybody has played this guitar do you think it'd be a worthwhile trade?
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 08:01 PM

there are a few people on the forum that dont like the artcore too much, well thier quality more than the actual guitar.

I personally like the artcore line and have liked every one of them i have played. I think they are great guitars for the price you pay and the guitar you get.

I played a sheraton 2 awhile back and sort of liked it, but there was something that i didn't find overly appealing. The neck on the artcore line is a very nice shape, i liked it much better than the epiphone.

I would check fleabay before buying one new, i have seen them go for pretty cheap.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

hmmm thanks for the tip, this one i saw was in good shape and i don't trust mailing companies as a general rule, they make me nervous and i only ship guitars if there's really no other option. By the way how do you think it'd sound with some breed pickups? Or perhaps a breed in the bridge and a PAF pro or something like that in the neck? Your thoughts please
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 08:59 PM

i'd think it would sound pretty damn good. The ach pickups or whatevery they have in them are pertty nice stock pickups but i am sure it would sound 10x better with some dimarzios.

I just wouldn't get anything too much over the output of breeds, it maybe a little hard to controll, being semi-hollow body and all but other than that should sound good.

I would love to have an artcore but it always came down to practicality, and i have always needed something more important.

one day though i'll get me one
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

yeah thanx for the advice, i had a feeling that breeds would be just right. I dunno whether i want a seymour duncan Jazz or a PAF pro. Any suggestions on a neck pickup would be most appreciated.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 10:26 PM

i think an air norton would go good. I have one in my rg570, if you'd like i can send you a few clips. Just pm me your e-mail and i will send a few out to you

It is a warm pickup, you can get harmonics out of it but it is bright, it is almost like a single coil. Anyways i think it would go well with the guitar
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 11:35 AM

How was the weight and balance of this guitar? I have been thinking of buying the non-trem version, though the pickups seem a bit weak.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 12:59 PM

An Artcore with a trem? That ain't right.

Regards

André

Tags
air norton , hollow body , neck pickup , paf pro , seymour duncan , seymour duncan jazz , spring cavity

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode