New Ibanez Necks - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

New Ibanez Necks

Hello

i'm here to ask if it is available to get new ibanez necks?
i'm looking for an 6string ULTRA neck.
i want to buy RGA321, actually i'm ordering it tomorrow,
but i dont like the Wizard Neck feel. any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 12:45 PM

Re: New Ibanez Necks

You'd either have to have one custom made, or check ****. Ibanez will only offer replacements for damaged necks if you can prove that you own the guitar you're buying it for.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 11:46 AM

The ultra necks came on the higher end Ibanez lines (JC, Exotic, Custom, RGT).

You can always get one made like Martyr M. said.

Last edited by screamndemon69; 07-22-2007 at 11:30 AM.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:29 AM

hey guys quick qn. you guys said that if i can prove that i have a ibanez neck that is damage they will allow me to buy the neck. er so how about those old guitars that are out of production? like say a 540s. can i get a replacement neck for that? thanks
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

this is old a month or two
screaming: i have it on 2120x

anyways, can someone suggest who could make me a mahogany/ebony 5pc neck with J custom style back of the headstock? that could be pricey right? 300-400$?
i've contacted chris woods and he's not taking orders atm, i also seen a page of the luthier in poland (which suits me better since i'm in europe) but he only does scarfjoints from what i see

i'm really feeling that RGA would go neat with a chunkier mahogany neck it would soften it a bit. i'm planning another RGA in the future anyway, these guitars rocks, i hope a J custom will be available.. i'd get it in a split of a second
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 08:49 PM

I loved almost everyhthign about my RGA121 in Violin, but I sold it because of the thin neck cramping my hands.

The "shred" wizard neck should be left to the the trewm models, and Ibanez should introduce the Ultra or something more suited to thythm for the RGA's. I would deft buy again, I loved the look/feel/sound!!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 05:26 AM Thread Starter

well, if anyone is to attempt this, which i doubt, but still.
I tried to interchange necks between RGA321 and RG2120X(i blocked the trem).
i considered there could be intonation problems, but they actually don't fit. first of all, the Ultra neck is 1mm narrower, but okay.
Secondly, neck holes don't line up (that surprised me, since they do for the 7stringers).

looks like the only thing is to get a custom neck.
i just love my "velvet touch" ultra neck so much it just feels so better.

anyway, how can you succesfully strip the neck finish, from the wood grain also?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini8026 View Post
I loved almost everyhthign about my RGA121 in Violin, but I sold it because of the thin neck cramping my hands.

The "shred" wizard neck should be left to the the trewm models, and Ibanez should introduce the Ultra or something more suited to thythm for the RGA's. I would deft buy again, I loved the look/feel/sound!!!
Ultra is a little narrower than Wizard II and was on USA customs. So, buy a guitar with Wizard II. Check: http://www.jemsite.com/jem/necks.htm

Tags
chris woods , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , neck finish

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode