New Ibanez prestige RG652LWFX? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

2Likes
  • 2 Post By Exiledk2k

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

So I decided to treat myself with a nice new guitar. I am fairly beginner and currently play on a no name/brand stratocaster. Tried a few models in store and liked Ibanez prestige line the most.

They only had one model in store from the prestige series so have not tried this specific model. Is it a good pick?

I see so many conflicting answers on woodtypes etc. Chose this model cause I preferred the looks http://www.ibanez.com/products/eg_de...178&color=CL01

Play mostly metal but would like to have good cleans as well.
jemsite and mike570 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 02:26 PM

Reviews: 21
Re: New Ibanez prestige RG652LWFX?

Nice pick! Looks awesome!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 08:14 AM

That's a great looking guitar! Should be a real solid rocker... congrats!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input. Was also considering this one instead. Difference in color and woods used. http://www.ibanez.com/products/u_eg_...198&color=CL01

Any of the woods used better than the other? For looks I can't quite decide either.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 12:37 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

I wouldn't get too caught up on the body wood (whatever ash or basswood slab is used). Since Ibanez didn't acquiesce to Rich yet the maple fretboard model is still showing "prestige fret treatment"... so other than the rosewood more likely having the "prestige fret treatment" meeting expectations... there really is no "better" here only different looks really.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Ok thanks for the info. Got to decide on looks then, need to make up my mind by tomorrow.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiledk2k View Post
Thanks for the input. Was also considering this one instead. Difference in color and woods used. Electric Guitars RG - RG652AHMFX Prestige | Ibanez guitars

Any of the woods used better than the other? For looks I can't quite decide either.

Well that would have been a no brainer for me... I would have gone with the Nebula Green Burst! That's just me though, I love green guitars, especially a green burst over a nice wood grain like that has.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiledk2k View Post
Thanks for the input. Was also considering this one instead. Difference in color and woods used. Electric Guitars RG - RG652AHMFX Prestige | Ibanez guitars

Well that would have been a no brainer for me... I would have gone with the Nebula Green Burst! That's just me though, I love green guitars, especially a green burst over a nice wood grain like that has.
After seeing how they look on YouTube instead of pictures I'm probably going with that as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode