New to Ibanez, recommedations? - Need a Floyd Rose - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

New to Ibanez, recommedations? - Need a Floyd Rose

I'm looking to buy a new guitar with hot humbuckers and a Floyd Rose. *I sold my Jackson PS6T with a Floyd that I regret because now i'm Floyd-Rose-less. *I currently have an old Fender Mustang and a Big Apple Strat with Seymour Duncans. *The Ibanez S470QS caught my eye. *I have no dealers near me that stocks these so I cant try one out. *How are those Axis humbuckers? *Any other models I should consider? *Any info would be appreciated. *I'm either thinking about an Ibanez, or a Jackson RX10D Rhoades to replace my PS6T that I miss. *I play SRV, Hendrix, Satriani, Yngwie if that helps. *Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 08:41 PM

New to Ibanez, recommedations?

Don't get korean Ibanez guitars because unlike Jackson the better models don't cost too much more, go for one of the japanese models with a edge or lopro edge trem and a wizard neck(not wizard2). You can get a rg550 or rg570 new for about $600. The japanese s-series models start at about $800. The s520 also has an edge trem and a wizard neck. Remember anything below 500 means it's korean(rg570=japanese, rg470=korean). That should get you started.

(Edited by Noodles at 7:49 pm on Mar. 4, 2001)

(Edited by Noodles at 7:50 pm on Mar. 4, 2001)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 09:49 PM

Reviews: 5

I agree with Noodles, if you're going to get a Floyd Rose, get the best and get a RG550 or better. *You should be able to get a 550, or 570 for between $600-$700, and they're great for the money.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 12:54 AM

What those guys said. *SOMEHOW, Eric Sands found an RG-550 for $150. *The guy's a frickin' magnet for great deals. *Keep an eye out...they're out there.

Also, check out some of the Prestige line- namely the RG3120 (in TransBlue and now TransRed!) and, one of my favorites, the S1520FBNT. *Too bad the S-series guitars only have 22 frets. *Oh well; they're still great guitars.
You can find the guitars listed above "pre-owned" for under $600 all over the place.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 07:51 PM

Hmmm....magnet for great deals...maybe I should hang around this guy! lol *
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the info. *I have pretty much ruled out the Jackson and decided to wait it out until I have enough for a new high end RG or find one used. *I'll probably be happier in the long run. *I also have an interest in a Music Man Axis now. *Man, its so hard buying a new guitar, so many to choose *(but fun tho)

Tags
edge trem , eric sands , floyd rose , ibanez guitars , pro edge , pro edge trem , seymour duncan , seymour duncans

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode