New J. Customs - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

New J. Customs

3 New J.Customs. Reminds me of the 1992 USA Custom exotic woods line. Hopefully these will be production models.

RG8570SP-NT

RG8420QD-NT

RG8770SM-OL

Last edited by Jimbo72; 11-29-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 10:01 AM

Re: New J. Customs

*mouth waters* the first one is the most gorgeous one I have ever seen. If I weren't so broke I would throw my money at Ibanez with no hesitation.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 11:39 AM

Those are gorgeous... but they're not 7's. Therefore, my pocketbook is safe for a little while longer. If they make a 7-string version of that 2nd one... I'm screwed

EDIT: I wonder what the mini switches are for (on the 2nd)? I'm hoping a piezo system, but probably something else.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 08:29 PM

Reviews: 10

the first two are incredibly gorgeous! dreamy looking but they would need to have EZ trem to be perfect for me =)
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaestro View Post
EDIT: I wonder what the mini switches are for (on the 2nd)? I'm hoping a piezo system, but probably something else.
Google is our friend.

Quote:
it is equipped with a tri sound switch to control 3-way pickup selector switch, each of the neck PU and bridge PU in parallel / tap / series
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 05:13 PM

I love that first one. Not sure if I could justify another purchase so soon though... got a JCS20146 arriving tomorrow.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 06:51 PM

I am so happy they put Lo Pro Edges back to J Customs! With all respect I hate Zero Point bridges :/
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 07:13 PM

Reviews: 1

If they only could remake the edge 7..........dreaming......
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunu View Post
I am so happy they put Lo Pro Edges back to J Customs! With all respect I hate Zero Point bridges :/
I couldn't agree more... I have often seen beautiful J-Customs with killer specs, but then I notice the Zero-Point poo and I cri everytim.

I've just bought this, and it should arrive around the middle of March:

http://gyazo.com/5f0835a24d3b5956d276c86a7a7d48af

I'll post some pics and a review on Jemsite when it arrives
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 04:22 AM

that elbow cut look weird, I mean, the transition area
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunu View Post
I get that - but everyone is different - I'm the opposite because I wouldn't buy a J Custom if it didn't have the EZ bridge. Hopefully they will continue to offer both. And I agree that the elbow cut on the first one looks out of place
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 06:02 PM

I like the cut in the finish, in the flesh. It looks a bit random on the picture, but I like the layered effect and the way it accentuates the wood grain differences across the finish.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
I wouldn't buy a J Custom if it didn't have the EZ bridge.
Out of interest, what is it you like about the Edge Zero?
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_Shaft View Post
Out of interest, what is it you like about the Edge Zero?
I have the Edge Zero trem on 2 of my Prestige RGs and I really like the tuning stability it offers. I get the benefit of a locking trem, so it stays in tune when I use the bar, and I can still bend strings without others going flat while I'm bending. The bar is a little stiffer too, which I also like. I also have 3 OE trems and a Lo Pro and those are great trems in their own right but I much prefer the stability and flexibility that I get from the EZ bridge, which allows me to bend strings without worrying about the others going flat, which is a big deal for me because I started out playing fixed bridge guitars and hard tail Strats and I like to bend the strings a lot. I actually remember when Ibanez released the ZR trems (2008 I think) and it was a huge deal for me because it was like the trem innovation that I had been waiting so long for, and I still prefer them today. There have been numerous threads here about the EZ / ZR trem systems and there are others like me who prefer them =)
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
I have the Edge Zero trem on 2 of my Prestige RGs and I really like the tuning stability it offers. I get the benefit of a locking trem, so it stays in tune when I use the bar, and I can still bend strings without others going flat while I'm bending. The bar is a little stiffer too, which I also like. I also have 3 OE trems and a Lo Pro and those are great trems in their own right but I much prefer the stability and flexibility that I get from the EZ bridge, which allows me to bend strings without worrying about the others going flat, which is a big deal for me because I started out playing fixed bridge guitars and hard tail Strats and I like to bend the strings a lot. I actually remember when Ibanez released the ZR trems (2008 I think) and it was a huge deal for me because it was like the trem innovation that I had been waiting so long for, and I still prefer them today. There have been numerous threads here about the EZ / ZR trem systems and there are others like me who prefer them =)
Well I'm pretty much sold by your summary :P Does it flutter as well as an Edge/Lo Pro?

Tags
ibanez , j.custom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode