NEW J CUSTOMS//MAPLE BOARDS//24.75 SCALE AND MORE - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

NEW J CUSTOMS//MAPLE BOARDS//24.75 SCALE AND MORE

Check out these specs!! 2 of the new models have maple boards. All with H/H and new pickups, 24.75 scale and Edge Custom bridge R Setting.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/jcusto...RG11M-DRR.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 09:59 AM

Re: NEW J CUSTOMS//MAPLE BOARDS//24.75 SCALE AND MORE

I'm glad they went with the maple .. love the look
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Google translate on the electronics

Compared with the RG model number of the original made ​​in Japan JCRG11 pickup only sought to clarify the differences in character.
Two humbuckers wired original RG, so that the guitar to play rock guitar music of a wide range of total JCRG11 wood and hardware, including pick-up not only "high output" or "in the thickness of the range "rather than" reasonable feeling of power "and" clear sound "has been developed with an emphasis on. Front pickup characteristics that sustain comfortable with if in a warm and eyes reduced slightly the number of /-coil turns used Alnico 3 magnets, more than the front course number / turn employ Alnico 5 magnets, the high frequency range and clear sense of power pickup rear felt.

Hardware:

The classic floating tremolo bridge that is highly valued by many musicians still after 25 years since its introduction more than adopt the original Ibanez EDGE.
(R fingerboard already specifically tailored Shimuappu JCRG11)
The locking nut is a 42mm wide-adopted TOP LOK III. The difference between 43mm and 1mm while only generalize RG, coupled with differences in neck shape difference can be felt 歴然To. RG and R together with previous fingerboard is comfortable playing them apart.
The strap pins are easily detachable straps, Free Lok pin standard adopted in j.custom.
post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 10:11 AM

Damn. That black one is the business!

Looks like they went after a Les Paul feel with the neck and scale.
post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 10:43 AM

Reviews: 10

Nice to see they change things up a bit from their general direction, i. e. the trem (no EZ!) and the scale length. Maybe something of that flavor makes it into the non-domestic production models?
post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 12:48 PM

forgive me if this seems like a slightly dumb question, but i only ask because i dont know the answer:

what effect does changing the scale length have? other than either making the frets slightly narrower or pushing the pickups and neck joint closer to the bridge?

i mean, i cant believe that 3/4" is going to make it any easier/more difficult to play, so there has to be another reason surely?

but the black one looks immense! not too sure on the red/gold combo myself!

rich
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickybaby1985 View Post
forgive me if this seems like a slightly dumb question, but i only ask because i dont know the answer:

what effect does changing the scale length have? other than either making the frets slightly narrower or pushing the pickups and neck joint closer to the bridge?

i mean, i cant believe that 3/4" is going to make it any easier/more difficult to play, so there has to be another reason surely?

but the black one looks immense! not too sure on the red/gold combo myself!

rich
Take your Ibby and bend the high B or E string on (for Example) the 14th fret...Do the same on a les paul. Bends with a shorter scale feel easier, same gauge strings on both will make the les pauls feel like a lighter gauge..

Very debated but I also think intonation on a 25.5 is better and tighter sounding but thats just me....too big of a preference for anyone person to be right.

I dont like shorter scale necks myself but some people love them.....just a preferance...
post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by py36 View Post
Take your Ibby and bend the high B or E string on (for Example) the 14th fret...Do the same on a les paul. Bends with a shorter scale feel easier, same gauge strings on both will make the les pauls feel like a lighter gauge..
Of course that comparison is only valid if you block your trem or have a floater on your Les Paul
post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 01:51 PM

Very nice to see more maple necks cuz I love maple necks and Ibanez has been lacking in this area...but I actually like the EZ trems...put an EZ trem on the black one and I'd buy it...
post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by py36 View Post
Take your Ibby and bend the high B or E string on (for Example) the 14th fret...Do the same on a les paul. Bends with a shorter scale feel easier, same gauge strings on both will make the les pauls feel like a lighter gauge.
I've always felt that the fixed bridge on the Les Paul makes bends more difficult, but the shorter scale length does offset some of that.

But basically, a shorter scale will result in lower string tension needed to get the same note, hence easier bends.
post #11 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur View Post
Of course that comparison is only valid if you block your trem or have a floater on your Les Paul
Yes, there are a lot of variables but I was trying to give the easiest explanation as a les paul is the best example of a shorter scale.....so to make it even more lamen.....

There is a difference.......
post #12 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickybaby1985 View Post

rich
As the guys said above about tension. A consequence is that you can string a shorter scale-length guitar with heavier strings and maintain a "loose" feel of the strings somewhat, i. e. stringing with 10s. There's however also more string "slack" which may result in more buzz with heavier strings and low action. YMMV.

But above all, Ibanez is changing stuff. That's somewhat unusual for them, or has been in the past years .
post #13 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 07:09 PM

Reviews: 11

whats the "R" setting on the edge? whats that mean?

and the edge is really the only redeeming factors for me here. definitely not worth the price in my eyes. its a les paul with an RG shape.
post #14 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 09:57 PM

Amazing looking guitars! Good to see the edge make a return in the j-custom range and with a maple board!!!
post #15 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.M.RG7620 View Post
whats the "R" setting on the edge? whats that mean?
I'm assuming it means that it is specially radiused for the 250mm fretboard radius.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode