New K7???????? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

New K7????????

On the other Korn forum,someone mentioned a new K7 without the trem and made of basswood.If you're that person,when did you talk to munky.i'm dying to know.I want to believe this but i'm still in doubt right now.thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 07:20 AM

wasnt me but, both of these news specs are hard to believe. especially the non-trem thing. with the swimming pool of effects under which their sound is drawn, i dont think it matters for the guys wether the guitar is made of basswood, mahogany or ash, even though "mahogany" is a nice name
but the trem thing, dunno. havent seen much of korn live nor really took the time to hear what the guys were doing, but i wonder how they could go on the road without trems!
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 09:33 AM

on the cover of a guitar magazine in NYC were the Korn lads and one was holding a chrome seven string.
I dont recall the trem setup.

Apparently he took delivery of this guitar in the summer while on Ozzfest duty in Los Angeles.
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

the guys in korn started out on basswood bodies.that one cover was for guitar world and i love that guitar.i only know one place that can make your guitar like a mirror.i hope this rumor is true...........
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsdj5
the guys in korn started out on basswood bodies.that one cover was for guitar world and i love that guitar.i only know one place that can make your guitar like a mirror.i hope this rumor is true...........
Ibanez did the mirror tops dude, same as steve vais. Korn originally used Ibanez Universes as they were both Steve Vai fanboys.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 04:55 PM
Ice

Korn

I was the one who talked to munky and I never said Korn is playin gthe guitars I just said they are putting them out. You're right korn makes noises and effects and it'd be kinda pointless for them to use a tremless guitar. however he said the only way to cheapen the guitar was to loose the custom trem and the mahogany body.

another note Ibanez supposedly stoped production, or is very soon of 7 strings all together except the K7 and the ones they custom build for artists. this is due to no demand for 7's anymore, probably because of the introduction of baritones. I didn't hear that from Munky, but another big name Ibanez user told me a couple weeks ago. Also pointing out that Ibanez has started making 8 string guitars, they only made 3 so far all custom shop for 2 different bands. they took 2 bridges and put them together to make them he said.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 08:06 AM

8string?? whaaat? meshuggah?
i hope they wont keep the same RG body, it would be too damn small, I mean, no place to rest the forearm -> annoying
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 02:37 PM
Ice

I haven't seen them but I think it's along the line of a RG/UV mix like a few artists use. he said they use 2 bridges to make it work so I'm not sure what the deal is with that, and I haven't looked at this hipshot one everybody is talking about so maybe is resembles 2??
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 03:37 PM

Re: Korn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice
another note Ibanez supposedly stoped production, or is very soon of 7 strings all together except the K7 and the ones they custom build for artists. this is due to no demand for 7's anymore.
Surely you're joking? no demand? and they are stopping 7's except for the one that sells the least amount(*1) ?

Sounds like bull to me dude,Check your guy again

Rob

(*1) Just a guess dudes
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 03:49 PM
Ice

yea

I was kinda shocked but he said the sales on 7's were really bad theres no demand... I can see it cause i don't know about you guys but every store I go to has to special order a 7 string. They don't keep them in stock because they say they don't sell. So Ibanez has a backstock of built ones from how I understaood what he was saying and they've stopped making more than what's out there, or will be very soon.

Now this is what he said he was told when he went to the factory about a month ago to pickup his new customs and try out the two 8 strings Ibanez just built for the meshuggah guys.
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 03:56 PM

what factory ?

You've confused the hell outta me,And who's this dude?

Rob
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 03:59 PM

Re: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice
I haven't seen them but I think it's along the line of a RG/UV mix like a few artists use. he said they use 2 bridges to make it work so I'm not sure what the deal is with that, and I haven't looked at this hipshot one everybody is talking about so maybe is resembles 2??
Just so you know, the RG and the UV are the same body shape.

The hipshot bridge is just one big wide bridge (terrible design IMHO), and I'm guessing Ibanez would be using something like what Conklin uses sometimes.
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 04:00 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
ibanez has been known to do dumb things in retail, but if demand for a 7-string is low (which is a fact) then demand for an 8-string will be LOWER. ibanez has moved to the long-scale 7s to differentiate themselves in the market (the rest of which has retreated). ultimately the market will correct itself if there are too many 7-string models they'll be cut back. this is obvious stuff really ...glen
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 04:06 PM
Ice

I said in my original post about the 8 strings that they weren't for public. They have made 2 so far and are working on the 3rd now. All are custom shop for artists only. From what he said the only 7's to be made are the artist signature models and the custom shop ones for the bands themselves.
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 04:09 PM

Rob

Tags
basswood bodies , body shape , cosmo hardware , custom shop , fanned fret , fixed bridge , floyd rose , guitar mag , ibanez guitars , les paul , mahogany body , rusty cooley , steve vai , string guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode