New Kiko Loureiro signature model - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

New Kiko Loureiro signature model

Do you guys think this will be available in the US? As of right now I only see it on the Japanese site. Cool looking guitar. I like the specs...

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/pag...&series_id=186
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 01:57 PM

Re: New Kiko Loureiro signature model

I like that a lot.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 01:58 PM

What I like about it

• S style body with the thickness of a RG (I always thought RGs elongated body was too "big")
• Real Dimarzios
• Minimal neck markings
• Recessed knobs
• Cool pickup config

What I don't like

• The input jack. I think the Jem's jack is more elegant.
• Edge trem. I prefer the LoPro or Edge Pro or even the new ZR terms (I know most will disagree with me on this)
• Fat neck (at least it's not as WIDE as the current "wizard" necks..)
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 02:00 PM

Ibanez should make all their guitars have recessed knobs with the knew grommet type knobs.

What sold me on Ibanez in the first place was their ability to innovate, yet not go too far from the classic norm. They were always about ergonomics.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke^in View Post
What I like about it

• S style body with the thickness of a RG (I always thought RGs elongated body was too "big")
• Real Dimarzios
• Minimal neck markings
• Recessed knobs
• Cool pickup config

What I don't like

• The input jack. I think the Jem's jack is more elegant.
• Edge trem. I prefer the LoPro or Edge Pro or even the new ZR terms (I know most will disagree with me on this)
• Fat neck (at least it's not as WIDE as the current "wizard" necks..)
Agree, mostly. I'm not too keen the jack socket either, the trem I could live with though I prefer the LoPro, but I do like a slightly thicker neck, so this sounds good. Not that taken by the inlays, but it doesn't put me off.

If it was available here, I'd be buying one.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

I'm shocked it isn't available in green. Green is the one he's been playing all over the place. But I do like the specs. The input jack is a little strange but I could live with it. It is priced the same as the JS2410.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 04:42 PM

Never heard of him. LOL
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 09:42 PM

Reviews: 1

I really hope it makes it to the US. Very nice. Alder body and 19-24 scallops with an Edge. This is a dream guitar. The input jack is a new twist. I like it. More clearance than the JEM input. I love the EGEN18 but it doesn't have an Edge trem.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 09:18 AM

It has tons of great specs but man, that price is a deal breaker. Just ouch. Wonder when the premium will be released...
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbnever View Post
I'm shocked it isn't available in green. Green is the one he's been playing all over the place. But I do like the specs. The input jack is a little strange but I could live with it. It is priced the same as the JS2410.
Agree about the green one. That thing is gorgeous. Wish they made that the main color and not this red one.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 12:25 AM

Reviews: 4

I like this red one but transparent red's my absolute favorite color for guitars.

Interesting combination of specs. I've never heard of this person either, but that's nothing new. I'm far from plugged-in.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekim View Post
I like this red one but transparent red's my absolute favorite color for guitars.

Interesting combination of specs. I've never heard of this person either, but that's nothing new. I'm far from plugged-in.
Kiko played in the Brazilian power metal band Angra for a long time (starting in 91 or 92, one of the founding members). He quit Angra and started doing more Tony Mac type of Neo-Classical, multi-genre stuff.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Kiko played in the Brazilian power metal band Angra for a long time (starting in 91 or 92, one of the founding members). He quit Angra and started doing more Tony Mac type of Neo-Classical, multi-genre stuff.
Apparently he didn't get a lot of press here in the US. I swear this thread is the first I've ever heard of him. And I have to admit that I've also been kind of ignorant of what's been going on in the music world for probably the past 5 to 7 years anyway. This is largely because most bands out there now in the mainstream completely suck, and also because I quit watching TV maybe 10 years ago.

Most everything I do for education/entertainment is on the web anymore.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 07:12 PM

Yeah he has been a name for many years,obviously Brazil,Europe and Japan.
He is famous for 27 fret guitars with scalloping from the 12th onwards and has had signature models with 4 companies.

Stafford,which was a 27 fret les paul style guitar.

Tagima ,27 frets,unusual cutaways/styling.

And of course the big one...
ESP,27 frets fully scalloped from 12th.
Now he has left ESP the basis of his model is now the Horizon fr27.

I really love the Ibanez model and may get one,but would of preferred 27 frets,and they could of done it quite easily....but maybe he did'nt want it.

Last edited by corey j grieve; 11-19-2013 at 10:30 PM.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 06:49 PM

Beautiful guitar! I love the specs on it! Looks like he has moved from ESP to Ibby. Interesting. I haven't heard of him before but after looking at some of his work, he is a very technically gifted player.

Nice!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode