New Korn 7 string with chrome finnish?? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

New Korn 7 string with chrome finnish??

I just got the new Guitar World mag & it has Head & Munky of korn on the cover and Head is holding a nice K-7 With a Chrome finnish.
If searched the web for some info on the guitar but cant find a damn thing.
Does anyone have any info on this guitar.
Im figuring its an aluminum body dipped in chrome. Seeing all the problems they had with the Js2 and the Js10th's i think that might be they only option. Unless they use the chrome contact sheets but that would be
kinda cheesey Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 05:55 PM

Re: New Korn 7 string with chrome finnish??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALLZDEEP
Unless they use the chrome contact sheets but that would be
kinda cheesey
hahaha, believe it or not, I once thought of putting the aluminium peper you use to wrap food to have a chrome headstock...
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 10:00 PM

I saw Head using the chrome K-7 here in London at the Hometown Bash, and the finish seems to be wearing around the arm cutaway, so I'm not sure how it's done.

I was more interested in Munky's camoflage and flat-black K-7s. Nice inlays on these
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 10:12 PM

Is Vai the only one using his Ibanez signature model in its stock form?
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 10:34 PM

I think so. The JEM and JS models are pretty much the only "real" signature models that Ibanez has.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 10:41 PM

Munkys Flat Black 7 is actually leather covered
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGA7620
Munkys Flat Black 7 is actually leather covered
Ah, even cooler

I couldn't see it very well, I was at the far end of the stage (right in front of Head), but the inlays looked nice

And as for Vai using a stock JEM...didn't we already go into this a million times? (for those not following, he doesn't)

So, actually, Mike Mushok's the only one using a stock signature model.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
And as for Vai using a stock JEM...didn't we already go into this a million times? (for those not following, he doesn't)

So, actually, Mike Mushok's the only one using a stock signature model.
Yeah, Joe's been using his old chrome boys and i don't think he's once been seen actually playing a JS1000BP on stage, though he was using a 1000WH after Pearly got stolen.

The Korn guys seem to be playing more and more with finishes, though i would imagine the rest of the specs are the same as the K7.

Has Mushok fully switched over to the production MMM guitars? His prototypes and custom models with the R bodies and Bartolini pickups (if that's what they were) were so much nicer.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 11:37 PM

How many new guitars do the guys in Korn get, anyway? It seems like a lot. Anyway, it's more than I get, which makes me mad.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-29-2003, 02:00 PM

Satch and Vai's main guitars have remained constant for a number of years, only getting new ones when needed. Hell, even I've been playing the same main axe for a number of years now. Korn seems to get new guitars once a week.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-29-2003, 04:59 PM

so would I if i had an endorsement deal
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-29-2003, 11:24 PM

The chrome finish was done to mimic the Rock Chrome finish of the drums. There was to be a set (two K-7s and a K5) done for a video or something-maybe Metallica "Icons" or something. Head's is the only one I've seen.

The leather finish is the same as the AX1220BBK, or Biker Black finish.

What I found more interesting was Head talking about his coming 14/7 doubleneck. Where have I heard of something similar before?

Cheers,
Butch
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 02:28 AM

I couldn't play a double neck.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
Has Mushok fully switched over to the production MMM guitars? His prototypes and custom models with the R bodies and Bartolini pickups (if that's what they were) were so much nicer.
I think on the new album stuff. He's been seen with his older customs too, but he has been using his new sig model (especially in the videos). He still uses the guitars he used before his Ibanez endorsement too, so whatever
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 08:59 PM

head can usualy be seen with his blade gray k7, now if u find munky with a stock k7 thats a rare picture

Tags
chrome boy , custom ibanez , custom models , darren wilson , double neck , guitar mag , ibanez guitars , les paul , mike mushok

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode