New Member, First Prestige - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

New Member, First Prestige

Hey thought I would introduce myself after having browsed for a few days.

I picked up my first Ibanez Prestige last week. It makes me sick to know I have played guitar this long on something other than a Prestige neck!
I brought back my Ibanez S420 (not a fan of the ball-bearing based tremolo) and picked up one of the 10th Anniversary RG1421F in "Marine Blue Burst".
I really love this guitar, the neck in particular...it's so freaking thin! I must say that I am now a member of the "Prestige Owners Club", and plan to be forever!

Quick question though, if I were to replace the pickups on it, what are some that people are liking in this guitar? Also, has anyone stuck a killswitch in one of these yet? I've been considering it...

I haven't sat down and took a picture of it yet or anything, but you can see it on Ibanez's site...I am running it through a Peavey Valveking 100 half-stack, with an MXR Phase 90 and a Boss OD-20 Drive Zone. I do use the natural tube distortion for a more "classic" distorted tone.

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 08:15 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: New Member, First Prestige

Congratulations Prestige!!!! Welcome To Jemsite AND the "Prestige Owners Club"!!!!!

If you go into the "Pickups and Wiring" section. On the top read the sticky about picking new pups..... after that Post a new thread containing all the info that the sticky requests. You'll then be FLOODED with suggestions!!!!!!.......lol

Congratulations again, I know your gonna love the 1421 for a long time to come!!!!!

Ryc
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 12:00 AM

Reviews: 11

grats and grats!
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 01:41 PM

Contracts! I've been GASing for one of those. I have an RG1420F, that is an awesome guitar. I can't decide on pickups for it. The stock pickups are better than I expected them to be.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 04:48 AM

Reviews: 1

Got one myself, such an amazing guitar!!!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

I am loving this guitar! I put a killswitch on it last night but I can't post pics until get 10 posts lol...
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 12:37 AM

Great colour on that model - marvellous.

How do you find that particular bridge as far as playing comfort goes?
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 07:33 AM

Very good guitar!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

I really like it, the neck is simply AMAZING! Like I said above, I can't believe I have gone this long without having played one before...lol
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigeWorldwide View Post
I really like it, the neck is simply AMAZING! Like I said above, I can't believe I have gone this long without having played one before...lol
LOL... welcome the "Holy Crap..... I didn't know necks could be THIS good" club.........LMAO!!!!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 04:06 PM

no kiddin dude! I thought the same thing and loved my first one so much I traded a gibby les paul for another one with a different humbucker config! Best trade EVER.

Les pauls ain't got nothing on a nice prestige.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 04:53 PM

I just got a second RG1420F myself! Got the black haze burst 1420F for Christmas,,,,couldn't put it down. SOld my Jackson USA SL2H a few weeks ago, and finally bought a guitar from Rich - the red flame burst 1420F. I still have stock pickups in both and may try some dimarzios, but the stock pickups are great. The neck and playability of these guitars is beyond description. I'm just a total Ibanez player now, and these RG prestiges are right on par with my Jem and PGM guitars! I, too, regret taking so long to discover Ibanez guitars, and spent my major gigging days playing guitars that were never perfectly comfortable to me.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 09:22 AM

I love reading positive threads about others' great experiences with their guitars. I felt the same way I played one of these necks. Rock on!

Peace

Mike
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 01:57 PM

Congrats.. I also felt that way when I got mine a few weeks ago. My other guitars have been relegated to cowboy chord duty because there really is no comparison to these necks.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 09:23 PM

I guess I lucked out that my first guitar was an RG back in 1989........ after that every other guitar had me wondering "what's wrong with this thing??" LMAO!!!!

Tags
anniversary , marine , prestige , rg1421f , valveking

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode