New MIJ option: LTD Elite - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

New MIJ option: LTD Elite

Looks interesting. ESP produces top quality guitars. Hopefully, the LTD Elite will follow in those footsteps. I am surprised to see another MIJ line.

http://www.espguitars.com/news/LTD-Elite.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 08:38 PM

Re: New MIJ option: LTD Elite

interesting!

wondering how much the price compared to the ESP standard series.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 09:59 PM

Those horizons look tasty! I wonder what the quality differences will be between them and the "real esp"
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

I am thinking the same thing. Based on the Yen to USD, how much cheaper can they be when for example, the Ibanez Premium RGs which are MII are pushing $1K
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 12:14 AM

Reviews: 15

I'm totally infatuated with that blue ST-1!! Looks like they're finally trying to compete with the big dogs now.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 01:01 AM

They look fantastic........BUT,...i really wish they had been marketed as an entry level MIJ ESP rather than a high end MIJ LTD.
The pricing would be the same,but i just dont want an LTD on my headstock...when i want an ESP in my collection i want it to say ESP.

That opinion aside,those guitars look [email protected]#king killer and i would have certainly bought one if branded ESP.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey j grieve View Post
They look fantastic........BUT,...i really wish they had been marketed as an entry level MIJ ESP rather than a high end MIJ LTD.
The pricing would be the same,but i just dont want an LTD on my headstock...when i want an ESP in my collection i want it to say ESP.

That opinion aside,those guitars look [email protected]#king killer and i would have certainly bought one if branded ESP.
+1
But the ESP Standard Series already considered as 'entry level', but still the price is not really for an entry level instrument...
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 06:34 AM

yep.. should've had ESP on the headstock.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 12:37 PM

Reviews: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverctr View Post
I'm totally infatuated with that blue ST-1!!
I really like that guitar too...beautiful...reminds me of a guitar that you could only get in Japan that was made by another company but I forget who it was...
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 12:46 PM

saying they will be more affordable and being same quality with esp doesn't make sense.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 02:26 PM

ESP at the 12th fret instead of a model #, win!

LTD still silkscreened at the headstock, fail!

Just had to state the obvious

Not sure what segment of the market they are trying to garner here? I'll be curious to see what the actual street prices are in shops here in a few months.

I honestly think they are trying to somewhat offer something comparable with some of the Premium Ibanez line. They just used the word Elite instead of Premium for marketing. Also using the MIJ card for that marketing too. I think in particular they targeted the 920s with these new ST1 offerings. Quilted maple tops, natural binding, and a floyd. Hmmm, awfully similar appointments. I like those two ST1s with the maple boards. Notice how its exactly the same color choices as the two maple boarded 920s available?

Last edited by jeremywills; 12-11-2012 at 02:34 PM.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 05:41 PM

If these are aimed at 'premiums' then the premiums lose,MIJ will trump indo from here to eternity.
LTD or not,i keep going back to that page......silk screened LTD will polish off.....ESP headstock decal........OH NO GAS!!!!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 06:13 PM

Just my humble opinion. The similarity between the appointments between the two made me think that is one part of the equation. The real question is are the ESP branded instruments going to creep up in overall price making the upscaled LTD line seem more attractive? I suspect yes.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywills View Post
Just my humble opinion. The similarity between the appointments between the two made me think that is one part of the equation. The real question is are the ESP branded instruments going to creep up in overall price making the upscaled LTD line seem more attractive? I suspect yes.
You can bet they will.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 12:51 AM

Reviews: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywills View Post
I'm betting the price of the ESP branded instruments will creep up into J-Custom territory.

LTD = RG3xx, RG4xx
LTD Elite = Ibanez Premium/low-end Prestige
ESP = Ibanez high-end Prestige/J-Custom

Would be very interesting if this is ESP's marketing scheme to try to make a dent into Ibanez's customer base.

Tags
japan , mij

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode