The "new" MTM1 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 03:48 AM Thread Starter

The "new" MTM1

Has anyone played one of these (the new one with the Duncan Blackouts)? What is the tone like? And the quality? I'd like to get myself a nice metal-style guitar, this seems like a good option. I see it is Korean made though, should that be a major turn off?

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Re: The "new" MTM1

noone?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 06:50 PM

Just get some blackouts.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 07:25 PM

Anything made in China, Korea, ****stan or Indonesia SHOULD BE A TURN OFF...
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 07:25 PM

Wait I can't say ****stan?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 09:02 PM

Reviews: 21

I might be getting the MTM2 soon. Fixed Edge and mahogany body. I don't see how you could go wrong. I wish they had a neck-through version without the "SEVEN" inlay though... :P and that wasn't $1,200 :P :P
I don't mind the Indonesians, though.
Get a 1570 if you're feeling skittish or the black RGT fixed bridge, which would probably be closer to an MTM1.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 03:00 AM

new Indos kick ass, as well new Chinese Artcores.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 04:12 AM

The Prestige Rg's have way better build qualiy than the non MIJ models.

For a heavy metal guitar, imho you can't beat the RG1570's. Throw some Blackouts (or even better, D-Activators) in there and your ready to go!

Rock on!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570
I might be getting the MTM2 soon. Fixed Edge and mahogany body. I don't see how you could go wrong. I wish they had a neck-through version without the "SEVEN" inlay though... :P and that wasn't $1,200 :P :P
I don't mind the Indonesians, though.
Get a 1570 if you're feeling skittish or the black RGT fixed bridge, which would probably be closer to an MTM1.
The MTM2 is kick ass!

I love how it has no inlays, since i'm not really a slipknot fan.
Only thing that bugs me is...THE KNOB DOESNT DO ANYTHING!

It just seemed like a really broken tone knob or something.

$1200? Are you serious? The MTM2 is 350 here, doesn't that only amount to around $700?

EDIT: Sorry misread your post....I thought you meant the MTM2 was $1200 lol. I AM a silly one.

-Sean

Last edited by SeanB; 02-19-2008 at 04:41 AM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 06:23 AM

Reviews: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanB View Post
Only thing that bugs me is...THE KNOB DOESNT DO ANYTHING!

-Sean
Huh? The volume knob should work. You might need to clean or change the pot...or take it back to the dealer if you bought it within the last year.

I don't like Slipknot either, but the MTM seems unique. From the design it looks like it would sound very rich and very metal! And I like the blank neck as well.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
Huh? The volume knob should work. You might need to clean or change the pot...or take it back to the dealer if you bought it within the last year.

I don't like Slipknot either, but the MTM seems unique. From the design it looks like it would sound very rich and very metal! And I like the blank neck as well.
I don't own the guitar

I've played it in store a few times. I thought that the knob was supposed to be the way it is...some sort of strange option that Mick Thompson had opted for.

Another thing I loved about it was, it had the angled output jack, I've never seen that on an "lower end" Ibanez.

-Sean
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Are the Blackouts all they're hyped up to be (active but without the sterile tone)? The guitar tech at my local store told me you can't get Dimarzios in South Africa. How sad
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotte_za View Post
Are the Blackouts all they're hyped up to be (active but without the sterile tone)? The guitar tech at my local store told me you can't get Dimarzios in South Africa. How sad
If there isn't a local distributor, I don't see why you can't order them direct from the manufacturer or an overseas distributor; the normal ban on overseas sales is in place to honour the terms of a distribution agreement.

It may be worth getting hold of Dimarzio to see whether something can be arranged.

I see the local Gibson distribution agreement has been cancelled as well... and I really wanted a Steinberger.

Tags
fixed bridge , guitar tech , heavy metal , mahogany body , mick thompson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

mtm1 ibanez usa or not?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode