New Petrucci EBMM, anyone got pics? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

New Petrucci EBMM, anyone got pics?

Hey guys, saw John last night, and he played the whole set (minus Jaws of Life) with a 6 string, quilted maple top, nice sunburst (kinda les paulish), bound neck, and im not sure if it was a neckthru, set neck, or if it just had a finished neck...

Had a piezo, but he didnt use it at all... DSonic with the bar to the neck, too, and some kind of weird mounting rings... pups were not directmounted...

Thats what struck me as strangest, all the talk always about musicman gunstock oil/wax thing for their necks (what makes them great), and last night Johns axe and LaRue Bongo basses all had necks finished in the same way as the body.....

Anyway, if anyone has pics of this beast id appreciate it, its one hell of a beautiful axe...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 10:34 AM

Re: New Petrucci EBMM, anyone got pics?

It's his new prototype. He loved the 20th Anniversary model so much, that he had a custom one made for himself ( you can see it on the Score DVD, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDqKP...elated&search=) and now he and EBMM are changing some stuff so it will become his new Sig. guitar.
The on in the pic above is his newest version, not the 'Score' guitar.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

the 20th, you mean the Morse model?

thanx man, i still havent got the score dvd...
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 12:17 PM
tTz

Darn, beaten to posting that pic! I saw it on Petrucci's website the other day. I think I prefer the Mystic Dream finish and most of the solid colours over that one tbh...I don't especially like the colour though, plus the quilt looks a little too undefined for my liking (may just be the pic, or the fact that it's a prototype).
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianozz View Post
the 20th, you mean the Morse model?

thanx man, i still havent got the score dvd...
The new Morse 20th anniversary model is SWEET especially the Floyd version !

Regards

Andrť

post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 02:19 PM

There is an entire thread on the EBMM forum in which this model was revealed, and people in general were critical of it. The specs of the model are talked about, including the fact the the body is made out of alder with the EBMM mahogany tone blocks like the ones on the 20th annivesary Silhouette (vs. basswood on current JP models) and the neck is made out of mahogany (vs. birdseye maple on current models).

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18382

Regards,
Juan
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 02:37 PM

That thing is stunning.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 03:07 PM

Saw his new guitar posted on sevenstring.org, I think it looks very nice, I like the quilt top and the color, i'd love to hear how it sounds and it would be awesome to see him live.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 03:27 PM
tTz

Hah, I think it looks even worse in that thread on the EBMM forum. Not my cup of tea at all, I'm afraid. Even worse, it'll probably cost a lot more than the current model, which is already £1300-ish for a solid colour, and £1500+ for one in Mystic Dream, and that's without even having piezos included!
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tTz View Post
Darn, beaten to posting that pic! I saw it on Petrucci's website the other day. I think I prefer the Mystic Dream finish and most of the solid colours over that one tbh...I don't especially like the colour though, plus the quilt looks a little too undefined for my liking (may just be the pic, or the fact that it's a prototype).
Man, in the pic it looks bland, in the flesh its stupidly stunning

And i hate well defined, deep quilts, so i really like this one being so subtle... i just cant get past the finished neck, tho.... :/
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 03:33 PM
tTz

Ahahahaha, realised what it is that's putting me off...the arm contour isn't like on Petrucci's current guitars, it's more like a standard one. What are those of us who liked the uniqueness and individuality of it supposed to do now?

:edit:

Just read some of the EMBB forum thread, and seen the two pics side by side on page 3...the 'latest' model is pretty horrid, to my eyes, but the other one isn't quite so bad. Still prefer the solid colours though.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Damn, after reading all 17 pages of it, all i can say is "how stupid can people be??"
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 04:51 PM
tTz

After reading all 17 pages of that thread, I felt like crying at the futility of it all.

First, there were the guys who gave honest opinions, good and bad. Then there were the guys who attacked the guys who gave negative opinions. Then Sterling Ball waded in, also pretty hostile towards the negative opinions; understandable, perhaps, but both sides could have been a little more diplomatic about it. Then John Petrucci made a post, and sent them all into a frenzied race to thank him for all the effort he went to to post on the forum and generally praise him to the heavens for bothering to exist at all, then some more negative opinions on the guitar, then thread lock.

Gaaaaaahh...those guys might think that forum is the best on the internet, but its not a patch on here.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator99 View Post
There is an entire thread on the EBMM forum in which this model was revealed, and people in general were critical of it. The specs of the model are talked about, including the fact the the body is made out of alder with the EBMM mahogany tone blocks like the ones on the 20th annivesary Silhouette (vs. basswood on current JP models) and the neck is made out of mahogany (vs. birdseye maple on current models).

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18382

Regards,
Juan
Cool, thanks for the link .

Regards

Andrť

post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tTz View Post
After reading all 17 pages of that thread, I felt like crying at the futility of it all.

First, there were the guys who gave honest opinions, good and bad. Then there were the guys who attacked the guys who gave negative opinions. Then Sterling Ball waded in, also pretty hostile towards the negative opinions; understandable, perhaps, but both sides could have been a little more diplomatic about it. Then John Petrucci made a post, and sent them all into a frenzied race to thank him for all the effort he went to to post on the forum and generally praise him to the heavens for bothering to exist at all, then some more negative opinions on the guitar, then thread lock.

Gaaaaaahh...those guys might think that forum is the best on the internet, but its not a patch on here.
That reminds me of a certain 20th anniversaery jem thread

Tags
acoustic guitar , body shape , electric guitar , ernie ball , john petrucci , leo fender , les paul , maple neck , pickup ring , pickup rings , quilted maple , steve vai , tung oil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode