New pups for my RG370 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

New pups for my RG370

Hi. I'm considering buying a set of Breeds for my RG370DX, and I can't seem to find the Breed single coil anywhere. Can you buy it aftermarket?? Just wondering...and while I have your attention (both of you), has anyone tried to put a pickguard on a non-pickguarded guitar like the 370? I was just wondering if it would fit.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 08:44 PM

Re: New pups for my RG370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Skot
has anyone tried to put a pickguard on a non-pickguarded guitar like the 370? I was just wondering if it would fit.
Thanks
never heard people do it before...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 10:35 PM

Quote:
has anyone tried to put a pickguard on a non-pickguarded guitar like the 370? I was just wondering if it would fit.
Thanks
It can fit. Just throw away them ugly pickup ring and put in the pickguard as a replacement for the pup ring.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:17 PM

If you wanted a pickguard then you should've gotten a 350. The appeal of the 370, for me at least, was that it DIDN'T have a pickguard and it was rear routed.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyconxero
If you wanted a pickguard then you should've gotten a 350. The appeal of the 370, for me at least, was that it DIDN'T have a pickguard and it was rear routed.
I know, I know. When I got this guitar I was wanting a 350, but I couldn't find one in any stores around here. I'm very leery of buying guitars off the net without playing them first. So I had a local Ibanez dealer order me a 350 in January of '04. Well, May of '04 came around and still no guitar. Something to do with the top-end restructuring of the company or some crap that I read here and the dealer didn't even know I was supposed to know about it. So I just went for the 370 because it was in stock. Besides, I decided that if I'm gonna buy a white Ibanez with a pearl pickguard, it was gonna be a JEM.

So...anyone know about the Breed single coil?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Thanks
I was thinking of doing this for my rg370 as well. Just because i wanted to have an electric blue guitar with a pickguard and the 350s didn't have a blue one. I'm pretty positive they will fit. I also saw pictures of people doing this as well. So i found a bunch of pickguards off bay i was going to order, but wasn't sure what colour i wanted. So i decided to put it off for a bit and decide later on. But over time, i started to like the look of a pickguard-less guitar.

I might want to put a pickguard on it later on, and was also wondering if it's not a good idea to put one on a rear-routed guitar. I know the swirl jems have them with a clear pickguard. o.o
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

Hey. Old thread by now, but I did this to see what my 370DX would look like with a pearl pickguard from a 350DX. What do you think?

I tried it with those etched pickguards from the bay and the holes for the volume knob doesn't line up properly.

Last edited by Spider-Skot; 05-16-2006 at 03:46 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 03:45 PM

If you're going to do it, then you'll probably want to get one of the pickguards from another RG so that you KNOW it'll atleast fit properly.

Tags
ibanez dealer , pearl pickguard , pickup ring , swirl jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode