The new RG 350dx with a all maple neck - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

The new RG 350dx with a all maple neck

has anyone played one yet?
i was wondering if they have binding on the neck like the rosewood 350 dx's?
I prefer NO BINDING on my necks makes them feel thicker or something
I know it is a wizard II but i never got to play a all maple II just the 550 necks which i love!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Re: The new RG 350dx with a all maple neck

never mind i found these

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 02:39 PM

Nice pics you found there.

Maple fretboard + Sharkteeth = WINNER!

Last edited by the.godfather; 01-18-2007 at 03:03 PM.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 02:54 PM

eww, tackyness
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather View Post

Maple fretboard + Sharkfins = WINNER!
LOL... I guess that is why you can't please everyone. I personally do not care for "shark teeth" inlays. I do however wish Ibanez would see that maple is needed in the Prestige line.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
LOL... I guess that is why you can't please everyone. I personally do not care for "shark teeth" inlays. I do however wish Ibanez would see that maple is needed in the Prestige line.
At least we are getting some maple this year though
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 03:51 PM

(sorry for my english)
that maple fretboard is nice. it is like my RG:

maple fretboard is very cool.
i don't understand Ibanez.... why no more maple fingerboard???

regards.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 04:06 PM

I would still go with the jackson dk2m over the rg350. the 350 sounded too muddy to me and cardboard like, while the jackson had a nicer sound. grant it, the jackson had two seymour duncan humbuckers, while the ibanez had the stock setup. the maple necks with black inlays is pretty bad arse looking
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Dee

I am THANKFUL that the 350 comes with cheap pickups. Don't you guys see the sense in this? With cheap pickups being supplied it keeps the costs of the guitar down and you can just go replace them when you can afford to with something better. It makes sense to put cheap pickups in it, so don't compare it to a guitar with SD pickups in just because the guitars LOOK similar, that's pointless.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I am THANKFUL that the 350 comes with cheap pickups. Don't you guys see the sense in this? With cheap pickups being supplied it keeps the costs of the guitar down and you can just go replace them when you can afford to with something better. It makes sense to put cheap pickups in it, so don't compare it to a guitar with SD pickups in just because the guitars LOOK similar, that's pointless.
Exactly my thinking too.

I am very glad that the 350 comes with cheap/poor pickups. And what with it being a cheaper guitar, you can spend the extra cash leftoveron pickups of your choice. The normal RG350's dont do anything for me, but this one with the maple fretboard and black sharktooth inlays definitely does.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 04:44 PM

Sorry but I think 95% of the people that buy guitars wont change the pickups, the V's are a good stock pickup because they are good enough to last until you get some decent ones. the INFs are just horrible.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
+1

RG350's $400 to DK2M's $600??

Let's say we get new pups...$120...$520...upgrade trem...

So $650 for RG350 and you already have an OFR equipped guitar with high quality pups.

At $600 for the Jackson you have a pretty bad licensed trem (I've tried one honestly and it doesn't feel well or stay in tune well), and for ME not very great pups.

On top of that I like the Wizard II neck better...seems like a better move all around IMO.

Last edited by Drow Swordsman; 01-18-2007 at 07:18 PM.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Dee

That's how I see it, too.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 07:54 PM
dex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow Swordsman View Post
+1

RG350's $400 to DK2M's $600??

Let's say we get new pups...$120...$520...upgrade trem...

So $650 for RG350 and you already have an OFR equipped guitar with high quality pups.

At $600 for the Jackson you have a pretty bad licensed trem (I've tried one honestly and it doesn't feel well or stay in tune well), and for ME not very great pups.

On top of that I like the Wizard II neck better...seems like a better move all around IMO.
You're so confused it's not even funny, you should try and get a job as a spin doctor.

Jackson DK2M

Made in Japan (only Prestige Ibanez come from there)
Alder body (only available from Ibanez on the Jem VWH)
Compound radius neck (Only available from Ibanez on a JS1000 and JS1200)
SD pickups (Proper name pickups only available on signature lines and J.Custom)
Available in 9 finishes (Not available form Ibanez on ANY model)
Japanese made (by Takeuchi - company as good as Gotoh) FR licensed trem, might be a TRS type trem but it's made from steel - no one knows what the Edge 3 trems are made of.

Ibanez RG350DX

Made in Indonesia
Basswood body
Vanilla Wizard II neck
Vanilla pickups
Available in any colour you like as long as it's black
Edge 3 trem - Indonesian (Korean Ibanezes have Edge Pro II and Japanese ones have Edge Pro)

The way I see it you get a LOT more for your money with Jackson.
Just for comparison the $150 Squier Affinity strat comes out of Indonesia - that's how cheap the cost of labor is down there and you're telling me that the RG350 is a better deal than a timeless Japanese made DK2?

I know this is an Ibanez oriented forum but still..........

One last thing - I've had my SL3 for 7 years now and the JT580 trem sure feels different to FR and Edge/Lo Pro but it's as solid as any other decent trem out there but then again what do I know.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Dee

Again, comparing an $857 list price Jackson with a $533 list price Ibanez isn't fair. Depending on the finish, the DK2M pushes the list price to $999. Let's compare a $999 Ibanez with the DK2M including flash finish.

Tags
alder body , basswood body , equipped guitar , ibanez usa custom , jem vwh , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple necks , seymour duncan , seymour duncan humbuckers , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode