New RG2020. A few questions... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

New RG2020. A few questions...

Well, after a bit of research, I purchased a new RG2020 guitar to replace the Kramer Striker (hey, we were all kids once, huh?!) I had in high school. *I must say I'm very pleased with this guitar. *Arrived I near perfect condition (slightly out of tune): action was excellent, double-edge tremolo set right, yada yada... *My only beef is that the instructions sent were rather generic and covered seemingly all Ibanez guitars (and basses!) except mine. *Specifically, no mention of the piezo electronics and the various pots and switches, most of which I've figured out. *If any of you have, or no where I can get, RG2020-specific info I would be grateful. *I've visited the Ibanez website which isn't much help - wire diagrams only current up to 1999. *Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 01:14 PM

Hey Bill. You picked a great axe to buy. One place for instructions on the button/knob options is HERE

Now, if you want to spend 10 minutes on a amazing mod to your 2020, where you can use both outptuts at the same time, go HERE. It cost $15 basically, and is WELL worth it. If you have any other questions, fire away. IF you have trouble/questions about the mod, ask myself or Kevan.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, Todd. It helped. *Looking forward to getting to know this guitar. *Not quite ready for the Mod just yet, though. *Got too many other things to figure out, such as this Digitech Genesis 3...

BillK

Tags
edge trem , ibanez guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode