New RG2570EX VSL - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

New RG2570EX VSL

Hey guys,
New to the board and new to Ibanez guitars. I finally got mine. It came in on Wed. and I am finally getting it setup the way I likes (thanks to Rich and his killer tech page). First let me say that this is the most unusual finish that I have owned. The pics really don't do this guitar justice. The surface is actually textured. I wasn't really expecting that, but it is very nice. Great looking stage guitar. I've heard a few people bash the DeMarzio/IBZ pups but they sound great from where I'm sitting. I have to say this is the fastest guitar that I have ever played. I didn't think I was that fast, but I was jamming with some friends today and I pulled off a couple of licks that I could never have attained before. I'll probably never buy anything but Ibanez from here on out. Any suggested mods???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 11:05 AM

congrats on the new guitar. i just got my rg2570ex a few weeks ago and loving every minute of it. i didn't know that the guitar had a finished look to it either untill i picked it up. the only mod that i might do later on is maybe change the pickups.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

what type pups would you put in??? I've had a crack at a JS1000 at the local guitar center and I must say that a PAF Pro in the neck would sound good. Perhaps an EVO in the bridge??? Never had a crack at one of those.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 02:16 AM

Its more of a personal preference to what your looking for in your sound. The pro and the evo seems to be very popular. I myself like the emgs, 85 in the neck and 81 in the bridge. You can hear samples of the dimarzios and the emgs on their websites.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 02:41 PM

haha, I agree on the EMG Idea, but only if you have a decent backline, you'll lvoe the distortion, but the clean won't hold up as well.

I personally would but the 85 in the bridge and the 81 in the neck, I put 2 85's in my guitar, and I find the 85 in the neck a tuch to basy
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 04:01 PM

Where's tha pix???
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 01:30 PM

Congratulations on your new guitar.
I hope you don't mind me invading this topic but i've been thinking about buying a good as new Ibanez RG2570 in royal blue flat and it comes fitted with Dimarzio evo's. What's your opinion on those pickups? the guitar will be profesionaly set up by the stores tech of course.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

I'll get some pics posted as soon as possible, probably next Tues/Wed. I work 40 hrs in 3 days....and I just started at 14:30....so next week for pics.

In regards to the 2570 in royal blue....have you played it? If its like mine, aside from the color, you will love it. I don't have an opinion on evo's since I have no experience with them....but if you look around this site, ie the pickups section, there are quite a few people around that seem to enjoy them. I would really like to hear them and see if they mesh with the sound I'm searching for.....always searching it seems....
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 06:47 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: New RG2570EX VSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer
I've heard a few people bash the DeMarzio/IBZ pups but they sound great from where I'm sitting.

Any suggested mods???
Why do you want to mod it, if it sounds great?

Just think about it, and don't do it because other people do it

Tony
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 03:31 AM

Anyone willing to sell their ibanez Rg2570ex?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusic View Post
Anyone willing to sell their ibanez Rg2570ex?
Try the Classifieds section. These are old threads. This one is over 6 years old.

Tags
dimarzio evo , ibanez guitars , local guitar center , paf pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

RG2570EX pickups is cereamic or alnico

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode