New RG350QM - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
New RG350QM

why can't we have this maple tops in Prestige range?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 07:11 AM

Re: New RG350QM

because young teen kids will gravitate to the prettier shiny guitars with the crappy trems...

i got no clue.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

I really like the blue one

I think Ibanez need to sort out their numbering system an range options though. It'd be good to be able to get Prestige guitars that look like this, but also still be able to get lower level guitars along these lines.

To be honest though, I just don't know where I stand with the trems anymore it was so much simpler when anything that said "edge" on it was great, and anything that didn't say "edge", wasn't

I hope these are going to be available in the UK
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 07:26 AM

Because they can still get us to buy guitars with boring finishes just by slapping a prestige label on it. I don't know either.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

What I have seen though is that most prestige guitars, tend not to have such great figured tops as some of the cheaper ones, which is understandable as it's a semi-decent thickness of wood on the prestige guitars as opposed to a thin veneer, but still a it's a little disappointing.

i guess we've been spoilled by all the media and web coverage of PRS's private stocks
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
i guess we've been spoilled by all the media and web coverage of PRS's private stocks
lol Jono thats too true, however for the price of a Private Stock, you can have about 90 350's lol

I like the black one, and the blue one, and the other one ... Dammit !

Rob
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 07:57 AM

The problem with guitars like that is that they appeal to the kid in me who wants something pretty instead of a quality, functional instrument.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem7RB MK View Post
lol Jono thats too true, however for the price of a Private Stock, you can have about 90 350's lol

I like the black one, and the blue one, and the other one ... Dammit !

Rob
Well maybe 20 or 30 of them
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Well maybe 20 or 30 of them
you know very well what i meant sir lol.

althou, private stocks are pretty, of the 2 i have been able to play they arn't all that imho, a Suhr or Trussart is much nicer feeling/playing.

I'd go for the Ibi, purely, ding a private stock it's gonna knock a few k off, ding a ibby, and you got a player

the more i look at them, the more i am digging the blue, but yet again Ibi forgot a string

Rob
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 05:43 PM

Those look pretty nice, I'd probably get one off evilbay once they are cheap and do so modifications and some work on the neck and it will be a great instrument.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 05:54 PM

Hmmmm... Maybe giving everyone exactly what they want would be to easy?

Or because giving them nothing that they want or less than what they're used to will create buzz, which will create controversy, and controversy creates interested.. Interest creates sales.. and sales create pissed off customers and warranty claims.. LMFAO

hell .. I dunno....

I still stand here like patience on a monument waiting for a re-issue of the S540LTD.
Ill have grey hair when it actually happens... or be dead and it never did.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR-MAN View Post
Because they can still get us to buy guitars with boring finishes just by slapping a prestige label on it. I don't know either.
Hey now, some of us like those guitars with boring finishes I prefer mine this way actually...personally I find the finishes above look bad on an RG, or any strat style body...save them for carved tops. Even some of the PRS guitars look bad to me, quilted maple is just not my thing, flame is tolerable if it's a real maple cap and only with certain finishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotte_za View Post
The problem with guitars like that is that they appeal to the kid in me who wants something pretty instead of a quality, functional instrument.
On that note...I think this is why so many of the lower end Ibanez guitars have fake flame tops. And the ones that do have real tops cost a lot. Take PRS for example, their "Custom" series ALL have flame tops, even the ones that have solid finishes. If they would offer a Custom 24 in a solid finish with a plain maple top, for less money, I'd be all over that.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-X View Post
Hey now, some of us like those guitars with boring finishes I prefer mine this way actually...personally I find the finishes above look bad on an RG, or any strat style body...save them for carved tops. Even some of the PRS guitars look bad to me, quilted maple is just not my thing, flame is tolerable if it's a real maple cap and only with certain finishes.
x10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-X View Post
On that note...I think this is why so many of the lower end Ibanez guitars have fake flame tops. And the ones that do have real tops cost a lot. Take PRS for example, their "Custom" series ALL have flame tops, even the ones that have solid finishes. If they would offer a Custom 24 in a solid finish with a plain maple top, for less money, I'd be all over that.
heh.. call me crazy , but seeing as how they dont offer that and you cant call and have it made, its kinda stupid prs calling it a CUSTOM, no?

LOL
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 10:52 PM

Damn awesome! I'm getting one
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 11:25 PM

In my opinion, there's no point of in trying to make a cheap guitar look expensive.

I'm all for quilts and flames, but they'd better be real and thick.

Tags
rg350

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode