New RG7421(?)XL - anybody tried it yet? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
New RG7421(?)XL - anybody tried it yet?

Has anybody tried out the new extended scale 7's? I can't afford the prestige version, but I'm interested in the fixed bridge model. What does everybody think? :beammeup:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 03:29 AM

New RG7421(?)XL

I'm buying the 1077XL soon, and I must say, after spending 3 hrs trying it out, that the extended scale fits very very nicely on the 7 string. I like large frets, and I found this to be very comfortable. And the sustain on it was truely amazing... I never expected to hear such tone coming from a floating trem!!! I haven't tried the other ones yet, but if the Prestige was anything to judge by, then this is a great guitar series, and a must have for any 7 string enthusiast!!!!!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-04-2001, 02:05 AM

New RG7421(?)XL

I got it last friday... I must say, tha the tone on this thing is amazing. The clean tone is absolutely stunning, and the finish is great. The neck feels scary to me though... My hand is still slightly cramped from yesterday's recording session... The extended scale is no joke. It's harder to play than most guitars, and the 7th string isn't much help either. I'm very happy with it though, because it's an amazing axe, and I'm sure with time, the feel should be ok...

One more thing about the tone... It's really bright in recordings... very very screamish (if there's such a word)

But the clean tone is so good, it's almost like playing with an acoustic... Full chords sound beautiful, except that your hand has to stretch more with the 27" neck...

Tags
clean tone , fixed bridge , fixed bridge model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to tell an RG7621 from an RG7421

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode