New RGA prestige line - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

New RGA prestige line

Ive been looking everywhere for reviews or vids on the new RGA 420Z and have found nothing! I personally love the RGA shape which is why i started to look into the new prestige they have now. The damn thing is like $2000.00 which to me sounds WAY to pricey, especially since its using thos LoZ pickups or whatever ibanez decided to put in them.

Anybody have any type of reviews on this guitar?

Also way outta the questions being asked but why does ibanez insist on using rosewood fretboards and not ebony? I would LOVE to have an ebony fretboard on a prestige neck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 05:46 PM

Re: New RGA prestige line

Ebony's expensive. No other reason, I think.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Not sure, rosewood can be pricey too I imagine. Either way I think that they'd make a killing seein as how most of these LACS models seems to be ebony fretboards and ESP's guitars are ebony fretboards which i think ibanez competes with.
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 05:54 PM

They probably could but they would have been doing it already. I like ebony so my next custom neck is having an ebony fretboard put on with yellow shark tooth inlays and reverse headstock. Will look spectacular on a desert yellow 540PII body, methinks.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

If I was able to find a custom neck for my ibanez rga121 i would JUMP on it! I would love a reverse headstock ebony fretboard with NO inlays!
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 03:09 AM

that guitar is the worst priced ibanez I have seen....stock ibz pups,not a super wizard just a wizard prestige like in the 1570,NO KTS titanium reinforcement???what the hell were they thinking?

this should be more like 1300...and without the maple top,even lower
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 03:38 AM

The RGA 420Z does have a AAA maple top. $2300 is kind of pricey but carved-top guitars are fetching a nice premium these days.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 04:20 AM

Reviews: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmetallist3 View Post
NO KTS titanium reinforcement???what the hell were they thinking?
Maybe that there are tons of compound neck guitars out there that don't need it and that it would drive the price even higher?

There will be plenty of people ready to shell out that money for such a guitar me thinks. If it's justified, well. What is these days.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm_17 View Post
Maybe that there are tons of compound neck guitars out there that don't need it and that it would drive the price even higher
well all the other prestige RG's except for 15xx and 2xxx series have them..I was comparing the RGA to other prestige RG's...

the problem is that they haven't even tried to justify the price...
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 05:22 AM

I think the price is justified compared to signature models or some high end guitars by other companies. Rather, I think it might be a bargain, it's hard to get 16mm worth of thick AAA flame maple tops for a price below $2500 nowadays

From my field of study, I'm guessing that it has something to do with the labor cost. Making an arched top guitar out of a THICK maple top (AAA at that) and mahogany body certainly costs more than making a flat top basswood RG. The LZ's are active and have preamps and will certainly cost more than your average passive Ibanez stock pickups.

The reason why RGA121's are way cheaper is because they used a flat finish, and the maple top isn't figured, plus the pickups are OEM V7 and V8s.

Same reason why Gibson SGs are comparatively cheaper than a LP, I guess.

Not having a KTS reinforced neck isn't the end of the world.. there are plenty of guitars that don't have them and still play well...
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Havent played any of the KTS reinforced necks so I cant really comment on that. But I can tell you that i LOVE the Wizard prestige neck. Im not sure what it is about it but it suites my playing perfectly...fast as ****....and just overall feel of it. How does that KTS affect the neck/sound? or does it?

I guess the only way is to order it and see if i like it...if not send it right back. Im sure tho at 2000.00 they could have used nicer equipment in making that guitar...like EMG's or hell, even some REAL dimarzios would have been awesome at least.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legobricks View Post
Havent played any of the KTS reinforced necks so I cant really comment on that. But I can tell you that i LOVE the Wizard prestige neck. Im not sure what it is about it but it suites my playing perfectly...fast as ****....and just overall feel of it. How does that KTS affect the neck/sound? or does it?

I guess the only way is to order it and see if i like it...if not send it right back. Im sure tho at 2000.00 they could have used nicer equipment in making that guitar...like EMG's or hell, even some REAL dimarzios would have been awesome at least.
KTS reinforcement doesnt make much of a difference,but I mentioned because even the 1500 rg's have them..sure there are no problem in guitars without them but without even geniune dimarzios,I would like to have something to brag about my 2000$ guitar.

but boy do they look good...just fantastic..especially the devils shadow colour..

I would consider a USA jackson at price though ...ebony boards,compound radius,seymour duncun pups,flamed maple top real MOP..pretty good value IMO
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmetallist3 View Post
KTS reinforcement doesnt make much of a difference,but I mentioned because even the 1500 rg's have them..sure there are no problem in guitars without them but without even geniune dimarzios,I would like to have something to brag about my 2000$ guitar.

but boy do they look good...just fantastic..especially the devils shadow colour..

I would consider a USA jackson at price though ...ebony boards,compound radius,seymour duncun pups,flamed maple top real MOP..pretty good value IMO
Dude I cannot stress what you just said enough. Yeah it has a killer flame top but...honestly as far as looks thats all that goes well and the archtop which i WANT. The pickups...really ibanez? in a 2000 guitar you have your own ibz pickups... kind of irritating but they will most likely get changed as i kind of want passives in it. I also want the tremelo and another reason why im considering this guitar is becuase i just absolutely cannot get away from the playability of the guitar and how it suites me...well the rga121 that is. And trust me ive played many different high end shred guitars including jackson soloist (did NOT like the neck) ESP eclipse and horizon (dig the horizon...just wish it had a flatter fretboard, not the standard 12" ) many gibsons, fenders, jackson dinky, different ibanez's, and basically it all came down to my RGA prestige being the best playing that suites me.

So with that being said i just need to get my hands on this thing first and try it out...unfortunaly the only way to do that is to order it through guitar center (they require half down to order and try out) and if i dont like it they send it back and refund my money 100%. But if i do like it...i still send it back and order through Rich lol

Either way its a lot of cash to fork out on a guitar that lacks some features I think should be on there IMO. Just sucks I cant find any reviews or videos on the damn thing!
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Vendor

Sounds like too much trouble when I have a no questions asked return policy
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 03:34 PM

well you can get hold of a j.custom for that price....

and BTW i found a review on musicians friend..sounds really amateurish though...

http://guitars.musicians0friend.com/...tar?sku=584132

And rich did you recieve any of these guitars?what do you think

just remove the zero on the link

Tags
rga prestige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

ibanez 420z recensione

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode