new rga's in action - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 09:59 AM

Re: new rga's in action

That's shadows fall. Very good band I think, they are kind of the re-emergence of old school speed and thrash metal. The kids can definitely play Ill give them that. Anyone like children of bodom as well?
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 02:31 PM

i like COB's music but not a fan of the vocals at all. I think that if they tried a more traditional approach to the vocals they could get huge, but they can do whatever they like.

What about Nightwish, they make music that i love and i can listen to the vocals all day as well.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 02:49 PM

Looks like they put EMGs into those RGAs. That's a very not bad idea. You get the playability of an RGA with the sound and sustain of EMGs.

Oooh, I want....I WANT!
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 02:50 PM

I saw Shadows Fall and Nightwish live at Download in June. Both awesome bands, brilliant. CoB are absolutely awesome too. Shadows Fall and Lamb of God are probably my favourite bands at the moment - they have such a big future.

The guy who is playing those RGA's is Matt Bachand. He is the rythmn guitarist of Shadows Fall. He has an endorsement with Ibanez. He has a custom SZ model too that he plays. He also plays an SCA from time to time too. But he has been liking the RGA series lately. And of course......they only play EMG's.

Jon Donais, who is the lead guitarist of Shadows Fall, plays strictly Washburns only.

Truly awesome band though. Some of their riffs are awesome, and their leads are even better! Excellent live too of course.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 02:53 PM

Here you can see his custom SZ signature model in the background. He said it was most defenitely a one-off made for him. Very sweet guitar though.

http://www.neilsonclyne.com/vox/VOX_Users_2004/matt.jpg
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 05:21 PM

yeah godfather, shadows fall is probably my favorite banmd at the moment too. matt and jon are brilliant. ive seen matt with all those u stated too. 2 rga's the sz, the sc420 and a sc320mh custom. i like those rga's but his sz is sweet
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 05:22 PM

sz320mh** sorry
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

shadows fall indeed is a great band! though i have to say, the newest album couldnt catch up with the older ones... still like them for bringin good old trash metal back with influences of testament and aerosmith (can't believe it? well listen to them!)... donais is a great lead guitarist and he pulls of nice solos on his washburn, think it was some kind of rare model using some very old woods (anyone knows more ? actually i'm to lazy to google it ;D )
children of bodom is great, too! i even like their playing a lot more, check out alexis other band sinergy (with his wife...) where he's rocking with roope latvalla (or something like that), he's definitivly a catch for alexi (think he joined CoB, too)...
if you'r into metal like shadows fall or lamb of god: check out trivium... in my eyes best newcomers in metal right now... both guitarist kick some very nice leads and awesome solos...even saw the lead guitarist playing an ibz in the video - like light to the flies - or check out their smash hit-in-the-face -pull harder the strings of your martyr... interesting that their lead singer sounds a bit like james hetfield in the chorus...
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 05:30 PM

SWEET seeing those beauties in action .

Regards

André

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
SWEET seeing those beauties in action .

Regards

André

indeed bro. looks like my next guitar choice when i get the money.

btw to shadows fall fans. the last picture of the rga's, matt playing the blue one, is it just me or does it look that he's playing that barre in a standard form tuning. its weird becasue they play in drop d down a step but it doesnt look to be like hes playing that way on that guitar. maybe he changed it up especially for the rga. who knows
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

they've got alot of songs in standart tuning afaik...
those rga321s are really something to look after... it's nice to find a good hardtail in the product line of ibz... yet there should be more maple-fretboard-guitars imo
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_k666
they've got alot of songs in standart tuning afaik...
those rga321s are really something to look after... it's nice to find a good hardtail in the product line of ibz... yet there should be more maple-fretboard-guitars imo

yeah, i would say man. all this talk is making me want on of his guitars. i like the sz's he has but those rga's are starting to look better. i already have a hardtail RG but the rounded top on the RGA and the new bridge is making me drool.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

i like everything about them: this nice flamed maple top, arched top, the new bridge looks stunning, small dots in the board........ it's freakin amazing...well, i think i'm having "gas" ;D
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 06:52 PM

is there gonna be any MIK rga's in the future?
also, check this out!
http://www.washburn.com/electrics/signature/x81.htm

Last edited by rguser; 07-27-2005 at 07:05 PM.

Tags
custom shop , flamed maple , thrash metal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode