New S1520-QS Prestige - Latest Gas treatment :) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

New S1520-QS Prestige - Latest Gas treatment :)

Sunday...noon...I get the guitar.
Sunday...1:30 pm....I love the guitar.

Got a pretty good deal on it as well. Traded a Jem7RB strait up for it. Thanks Kirk.

This is not my usual cup of tea as far as guitars go. The shape of the Saber/"S" bodies never got my nipples hard.

Until now :biggrin:

Mahogony body with a quilted sapele top. Natural finish. Cosmo hardware and a rosewood laminate head stock with inlayed logo. No dot markers, just a 12th fret inlay (still can't figure out what it is).

The neck is totaly different than anything I've played in a long time. Somewhere between my old Kramer and the PMC. The sound i get through my Roland GP-16, MosValve MV-962 and Marshall 4x10 slant cab is warm and coozey. PafPro in the bridge and Fred in the neck. I may switch those back in time.

Excellent guitar. I recommend to everyone to play one of these at least once. It's opened my eyes to new sonic possibilities.

J>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 01:53 AM

New S1520-QS Prestige

Glad you like it. *The top is actually "Flamed Bubinga."

That neck is very unique, and it is a great one - wish I had a 24 fret like that!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2001, 02:15 PM

New S1520-QS Prestige

J,

congratulations! Love the S1520!!

There is a Prestige Saber S1540QS available with a quilted sapele top and HSH pickups...but only in Japan! (http://www.ibanez.co.jp/el_guitar/s/s1540qs.html)

I bought my S1520FB last year from Rich, and I agree with Kirk, the neck really blows me away. It feels great and the bubinga top is breathtaking. I wish it had a middle single coil, though...

Check out the pics on my homepage!

Oliver
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 10:03 AM

New S1520-QS Prestige

Congrats! Enjoy it...

Tags
cosmo hardware , fret inlay , mahogony body , slant cab

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode